Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking I will make a trip early Thursday morning. Launch time is about 5:45 a.m. The other option is Thursday evening. If you are interested, I welcome the company. I will let you know when I firm up the plans.
    Jason

I am interested. Evening would work better for me. I've been wanting to go on a snakehead hunt in the tidal Potomac. How 'bout that?

Comment

I am interested, will let you know when you firm up your plans
      Bryan

Comment

sounds like fun, but cant get out during the week, i was thinking of a nite trip at the mouth of the severn, the white cans good during the day probably better at nite. MOC and i went over there sunday but it was very windy. fished from the wall and only caught some small spot and wp, atlantaking and 1obxnut showed up and did some wp fishing also. river really churned up from the wind and the fish wernt cooperating

good luck thursday

Comment

Bryan,

How is Ferry's Cove this time of year?
          Jason

Comment

Good fishing, I was out there this morning asking about the meet and greet, they have been catching fish off the bulkhead. Between the cove and Poplar Island there are a lot of crab pots, croakers are attracted to the bait in the traps. Boats don't troll through the pots but it doesn't stop kayaks. Poplar Island was mentioned in the DNR Fishing Report this week, catching rock and spanish mackeral.

Comment

I have had a few meetings and other work related events come up. Im not sure I will be able to make it tomorrow morning. If I do, I will post a report.
              Jason

Comment

Where do you launch for Poplar? I've launched out of a small marina on the south end of the island near the Tilghman Island Inn but the guy charged me $20. It was a fairly easy paddle out to the S/SW end of Poplar. Went out there last Sat night and picked up a couple small rocks but the blues were thick. Did real well last August off the SW corner, caught tons of rocks and blues in the evening on two trips...there were breaking fish all over the place.

Comment

Closest to the island/best place to launch for Poplar is Lowes Wharf Inn www.loweswharfinn.com Ferry's Cove, $5. Turn right at Sherwood about four miles north of Tilghman.

I was at Tilghman Island Marina an hour ago checking on prices, still $20 but right next door at Tilghman Island Inn they will let us launch free for our next meet and greet if we have lunch their. Looking at either their or Harrisons. any opinion?

Comment

I wouldn't advise going out of the marina, not only is it $20 but it's also a very small floating dock so there's not a lot of room to move people through, especially if the guy who owns the place is moving his own rentals through there at same time. The Inn sounds fine to me. One consideration would be the wind...if it's from the north then it's nice to tuck in on the south side of the island by launching from the Inn or thereabouts but if it's from the south then it's better to jump in from the Ferry Cove launch and hit north end of the island.

Comment

I agree, $20 is to much, but Tilghman Marina will rent kayaks to someone if they want to bring a friend to try kayak fishing with us. If the wind is blowing we could launch from the public ramp at Dogwood Harbor just around the corner on the south side of the island. Tried to get the meet and greet set for Ferry's Cove but they have a wedding Sept. 11, parking maybe difficult.

Comment

the inn sounds good Bryan, been there before nice place, good food.

Comment

Working...
                        X