Sept Meet and Greet -Update- Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept Meet and Greet -Update- Poll

We have been discussing Ferry's Cove on the 11th for next M&G.There is a wedding party on the 11th, parking could be a problem if there are more then 10 or 12 of us going. Have a couple options, we can find another place on the 11th, move M&G to 18th at Ferry's Cove. One other question, I know the local Hobie dealer, talked to him this morning he is willing to sponser the M&G. He will bring a couple Hobie's for people to try out. He also rents Hobie's I didn't ask him about that but I will if there are people interested. I am new to this forum don't want to step on any toes, or make this event more then a meet and greet if that is what it is for. I did stop by Lowes Wharf Inn, www.loweswharfinn.com they have rooms availalble the weekend of the 18th, also confirmed that it is $5 per kayak to launch. They have a full service resteraunt that opens at noon. I have added a poll to this thread to see how much interest there is.
    Bryan
    11th at Ferry's cove - maybe limited parking
    11.11%
    11th - find another place to launch
    55.56%
    18th at Ferry's cove -
    5.56%
    Have local Hobie dealer at M&G
    27.78%

The poll is expired.

I will be out of town on the 11th so I can't make it. It will be great if we can have it on the 18th, but I more than understand. Whatever works for the most people is def. important to keep in mind. I am looking fwd. to the cooler temps and great fishing this fall.
    Jason

Comment

The 18th is my wedding anniversary so that date will be out for me. AS much as I'd want to I don't think I'll be spending that day with a bunch of kayak fishing guys! I'll vote to stick with the 11th and move the location.
      John

Comment

i cant make the 18th either but dont let that stop changing the date, i can make the next one. belated 50th birthday party for my wife

Comment

Decision Time

Looks like the 11th is preference, looking at Tilghman Island, seems to be positive response, if there is no other suggestions for September M&G, I will finalize plans this weekend.
          Thanks,
          Bryan

Comment

It's penciled in on my calendar in ink! Tilghman Island works for me. I like the option to be able to work either side depending upon the wind...

Comment

sounds like a plan, 6-11 same as last time?

heading out tonight with mbla and mytmouse to the mouth of the Severn at greenbury point, search for rock at dusk and croakers after dark.

Comment

And... are we going to have a tackle grab bag tournament each time? Might be a bit much every month. Maybe 4 a year? Spring, summer, fall and... late fall.

Good luck surf, mbla and mtymouse! My wife has family in town and we're boating out of Occoquan tomorrow. Probably not fishing either. Tubing, swimming and cruising mostly.

Comment

thanks John. i dont mind a grab bag every M&G, give an incentive to come and bring the A game

Comment

Sunrise is 6:45 on the 11th, thought we should plan on 6:30 am start - lunch at 12:00. Have to check out one more place to eat tomorrow, looking for the best launch area and place to leave your kayak if you want to fish after lunch. I would suggest bringing a small line to tie your kayak up. If we end up at the Tilghman Island Inn they have lots of dock space to tie to without pulling the kayak out of the water. Talked with Ryan at Easton Cycle and Sport, said he will have a couple Hobies, Ocean Kayaks and a Torque at the M&G for demo. He also has any of those kayaks available for rent for the day if someone wants to try them out or bring a friend. You can contact him through www.eastoncycleandsport.com. He also mentioned that if we want to do a kayak rigging M&G this winter he could have a Hobie Pro Staff and/or Ocean kayak rep available for questions.

Comment

That's some good stuff, Bryan! Nice work. I'm definitely in for the 11th. Might be fun to try out that Torque. But is it kayaking?

Comment

I might be able to make the 11th. I cannot make the 18th for sure. I have family from out of town, so it all depends on my obligations, but right now it looks good. I am fine with any launch site.

Comment

I cant make the 11th, dove shoot on the eastern shore.

Comment

Working...
                          X