Sept Meet and greet - for consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept Meet and greet - for consideration

It was good meeting everyone today. Did not know about the Maryland Kayak Fishing forum, signed up this afternoon. Also did a little more research on Ferry's Cove. There is an inn and resteraunt there. For those of you who have a better half check out www.loweswharf.com. Possible your wife could join you. I have fished there a couple times, nice cove, plenty of parking. $5 to launch. If we are interested in a meet and greet there I could stop by and ask the owner about special rates if someone wanted to stay the night and possibly a group rate for launching. I usually fish for croaker but my father-in-law and other locals fish for rockfish, blues, drum, sea trout around the island. They are also catching spanish mackeral and flounder. From the bay bridge it would take close to an hour to get there. It is about 1.5 mile paddle out to Poplar Island, although I have never make it out of the cove before I have enough croaker for dinner.

Bryan

Ferry cove gets my vote. might stay in the cove though. i must have aggravated my left hamstring, a little sore today, going out in the morning on the Severn. easy run so it should be ok

Comment

Great meeting you today Bryan. Welcome aboard!

TJ

Comment

That sounds good to me. I had seen the island restoration on Google earth and thought it would be cool to see it on water.

Comment

I'm in !

I nominate Bryan as ringleader for this one!

Comment

No problem, Sept 11 high tide is at 0612, sunrise is 0643. Tentative launch 0645-0700 I will check on lunch at the restraunt
            Bryan

Comment

No rooms available the weekend of the 11th

Comment

eastons not far. there is a holiday inn express there

Comment

There are some motels in St. Michaels (7 miles) and Harrisons, Tighman Island Inn, Tighman Island Marina are all on Tilghman Island (4 miles), Harrisons is a good place to eat also. Easton is 18 miles.

Comment

Working...
                  X