Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.12.2010 Baybridge/Hemingway's Report

Just arrived at work. Quick report.

I wanted to do a little pre meet& greet scouting. Left the house at 3am with a buddy of mine, Mike. Stopped by Dunkin Donuts and grabbed a little liquid energy. Made it down to Hemingway's by 4am and loaded up. It was still pretty dark out so we took our time. Eventually got out on the water and started our quest for Spot. It took a little longer than it should. With a bait bucket full we began to liveline.

Two spot chomped in half by a bluefish before the rain started. And then it poured. And then thunder. And then lightning. Fishing is fun, but its not worth dying over. We headed in.

And, of course, as i look out of the window it is now a bright sunny day. Fantastic.
    Jason

Those were some crazy storms. Last week I got a couple of my spot bitten in half also. Looks like the bluefish finally made it up bay.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Been thinking about giving it a try but not sure where find the spot. Any help would be apprecitated.

Comment

I was down on a boat on Monday. It took a little while to catch spot for me as well. Most were caught in 5 feet at piling 56 of the east bound span. After we lost all of these we decided to go into the cove next to Hemingways by that huge house with the cast net. 5 minutes later we had about 50 bunker in the well. I would highly suggest trying to do this from the docks on Sat. It's so much easier than hook and lining for spot.

We anchored around piling 48 of the west bound span and caught 2 keepers, around 20 throwbacks, 30+ small blues, and a ray.

Good luck Saturday. I wish I could be there but I have to go to my high school reunion in northern PA.

Comment

no need to die while trying to fish. anyone read about the kayaker that died on the potomac a couple weeks ago? ive been caught in some nasty gales on the bay when i was younger and dumber, i dont want to repeat that any time soon. there's some bad stuff coming through cent. md now

Comment

It seems like it took millions of bait fish to coax the blues up the bay,more species more opportunities.Last time I was out those bait fish were thick, with nothing chasing them.

Comment

Working...
            X