Severn River Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River Report

Did a little fishing the past couple days across from the naval academy. 08 Aug, started fishing about 615pm after getting back from looking at an apartment with a friend of mine. Wanted to try out a sabaki rig and try the anchor trolley I had put together. Got the yak to the water and realized I had forgotten my anchor lines and my circle hooks Launched and started using the sabaki rig along a submerged rock and hooked up almost immediately Decent white perch, then a spot that was immediately hooked and tossed out behind the yak while trying to catch some more white perch and spot. After a double of spot and white perch I managed to get the sabaki stuck in the rocks and while trying to retrieve it, managed to get the spot hung in the rocks and break both off Fished a while longer using curly tail jigs and caught a few more white perch before calling it a night and heading home.

09 Aug Decided to head back to the same spot as last night and try again. Remembered my anchor lines this time but the water was pretty choppy and I didn't want to chance dropping them and chance flipping so I still don't know how my trolley works (still new to this and a bit of a whimp when the water gets bumpy ) As far as the fishing, I caught a few spot and white perch before breaking my rig off again and calling it a night. Kinda felt like I was in a washing machine and my little ascend sit in kayak dosn't handle that to well. Came home and made a few more improvements adding a milk crate and changing my transducer set up. I had had a bracket that held the transducer over the side but it was a bit clumsy and a pain in the neck so I took my iceducer for my Lowrance x67c fish finder and mounted it to my hull with some liquid nails. Can't wait to see if it works!!! Good fishin

Chimo

Chimo:

Its amazing how much more stable your kayak seems when you have fellow yakers out with you. next time post something before you head out.

i have a flexible work schedule (as do many others). post and we can join ya.

thanks for the report. keep them coming.
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    X