more snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more snakehead

Leesylvania, Powells creek, falling tide, near the bank, 2ft of water on some wood with a black and blue havoc craw.... right where a bass would be chillin

Pop, pop, wham
    Attached Files

Very nice. Did you catch some bass also?
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

nothing over 3.5lbs, but a good day with about 25 total bass for the boat

saw a bunch of gar all over the place, trying to get one of those to add to the species list

Powell's creek is a kayak haven - way back

Comment

Good going! I didn't have much luck but managed to keep the skunk away. I love it back there
        -Jon
        Revo 13

Comment

Nice! Potomac Pike are fun. And I want one of those big gar, too. Used to keep them in a fish tank. Cool fish.

Now that the hot weather is here I will be hitting Pohick more often. Especially afternoons after work (with the right tides). If anyone is interested to join...

Comment

Nice! Did you catch all of the bass on the same lure? Seems that you've been having a lot of luck on the havoc craw lately. How do you rig it?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice work, Justin. Nothing over 3.5 pounds. Boy, a day like that sounds like quite a hardship. I wish there were more quality bass like that in my local lake.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice catch! I am looking to catch one this season... I wanna see what all the hype is about! LOL

Comment

Really trying for some gar this year - they are spawning right now so not sure how to catch them. Well, not sure how to catch them anyways so a new species and learning experience is in order. If anyone knows how I'll trade some snakehead info for some gar info

Ryan - I have never had so much success with a new lure - chatterbait, white or chartreuse, with a fluke trailer - I have caught a ton of fish on it this year. My other rod is rigged with a havoc craw on a shaky head jig - one with the screw on the head.

Bill - I have become very spoiled with the lower potomac bass fishery Plus being a 30 minute drive from most of the Va spots is quite convenient. You should make it down sometime

Definitely a wicked fish

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
                    Really trying for some gar this year - they are spawning right now so not sure how to catch them. Well, not sure how to catch them anyways so a new species and learning experience is in order. If anyone knows how I'll trade some snakehead info for some gar info

Definitely a wicked fish
                    From what I'm told. Use a wire leader, a small worm hook 1/0 with a live minnow under a bobber or rope lure is the way to go with gar. The small mouths make it hard for them to suck up the bait so let them run a little before setting the hook. The rope lure snags their little teeth. I've never fished for Gar, but this was just some tips given to me recently.
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                    X