Leesylvania ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania ?

I'll be going out Saturday. Still don't know what time exactly, but hoping for early morning. I'm wondering if anyone is thinking about Leesylvania. With the FLW tourney I think having the chance to dip back into cover may be in line with what the fish are doing. The power boats cant get back there. I'm open for Pohick too, but I'm concerned with how much boat traffic will be in there. Along with pressured fish. Let me know!
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Tide chart has high water around Leesylvania @ 0730. Ill show up around 6 and head back into the lily pads first thing. Then after a few hours I'll come back out and fish the grass mat while the tide comes out and pulls the bait fish out from beyond the bridge. Anyone is welcome to join me. I expect to be slaying them and maybe watch a few FLW guys if they head down that way. Ill bring the beers.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Myself and my brother and one other buddy plan to be down there Saturday afternoon evening try to get that evening snakehead topwater bite.

See you on the water if your still down that way.

Meadeo
      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
        Myself and my brother and one other buddy plan to be down there Saturday afternoon evening try to get that evening snakehead topwater bite.

See you on the water if your still down that way.

Meadeo
        Awesome, Ill be there until a little after low tide sets in (2ish). If you guys show up while I'm still out there, Ill be right out from the launch on the grass. Going out when you are is probably better but I have obligations Saturday evening so am stuck with the morning.
        -Jon
        Revo 13

Comment

Not to clutter with other posts, Ill toss in my report to the end of this. I went out to Leesylvania early morning. high tide was 730, low tide 2pm. I launched around 630 and went to the grass mat first and caught a decent 2lb bass after 5-10 minutes using a buzz bait I got from Fishhound. A couple minutes later something exploded on my frog but didnt pick it up. Nothing after that so I didnt waste much time to get back into the lily pads. Got 2 back there on a red flaked black worm with chartruse tip. I usualy go weightless but the wind was pushing the current so I texas rigged the worms. It was slow and I was loosing patients so I headed back up to the grass while the tide was going out. The frog was not really doing much. Got about 4 good hits, but I couldnt tie up with any of them. The water was kind of clear and it was very bright out so even getting a hit was hard work. I think most of my hits were snakhead just knocking my bait out of the water. An FLW team was working the grass with me. They had some type of weedless popper that was doing pretty decent. Nothing of size came to their boat but whatever they were using was still catching them fish. All I had were buzz baits (that cant hold up in thick grass) and frogs (which were not doing the trick this time). I even heard those guys talking about how the frog was getting hits but they just werent on at that time.

[ame]http://youtu.be/HiMsehM5JRM[/ame]
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Nice bass.. yeah, the mats out side of powells have produced some decent fish recently

Comment

Working...
            X