Hemmingways 8/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmingways 8/6

I had the day off today so I decided to hit up the bay in the afternoon. I got to Hemingways around 4pm. Last time I hit up the bridge I saw a whole bunch of crabs on the pilons and swimming around so this time I brought some crab traps just for the hell of it. I threw out 6 traps while I fished for spot. After getting a dozen spot i check the pots and nothing so I decided to leave them and would pick them up on my way back. First cast, fish on, a 20incher. I livelined the pilons till about 7 and ended up catching 2 more relatively about the same size. It started getting pretty choppy and windy so I decided to head in and grab my traps. Well, my chicken necks necks were all missing so I guess their had to be some crabs in that area. On my last crab trap, I was pulling it up and it felt a bit heavy. I get it out of the water and there is a horseshoe crab in it. Its been a while since i've seen one of those.

Here some pictures of my rig.

Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Horseshoe crab
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

nice! those things are creepy lookin! i would always see then mating on the sand at Sandy Point back in the day. see any breaking fish? any crabs on the pillings?
      sigpic

Comment

No breaking fish... It was rough out there, lots of wind and 3-4th waves. Made liveling kinda hard!
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Glad you made it out and got into a few! When I went the day before, the pylons had sometimes 2 or 3 crab on them. I had no dip net though. I plan to remedy this next time I am out!

Comment

Working...
          X