Topwater Striper...again..in Johnson's pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topwater Striper...again..in Johnson's pond

I've been ignoring my backyard fishery recently. Since I am now broke from fishing in VA the past several weekends I have turned my focus back to the ol' pond. Turns out, the top water bite isn't too bad. The more I fish this place the more convinced I am there is a larger number of stripers here than people think. Caught these in about 15 minutes.
    Attached Files

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Nice catches!! I wish I had a backyard I could go to... LOL

Comment

I caght some nice Largemouth on topwater at Schumaker the other night, from the yak. Thats crazy about the stripers. where were you fishing from?
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Nice fish....

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        I've been ignoring my backyard fishery recently. Since I am now broke from fishing in VA the past several weekends I have turned my focus back to the ol' pond. Turns out, the top water bite isn't too bad. The more I fish this place the more convinced I am there is a larger number of stripers here than people think. Caught these in about 15 minutes.

Nice fish. Great results. Cool Lightning Rod and Abu Garcia too!

Comment

[QUOTE=MDFishin;36159]I caght some nice Largemouth on topwater at Schumaker the other night, from the yak. Thats crazy about the stripers. where were you fishing from?[/QU

The head of the pond, past Deer's Head.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice Linksider and Linesider! Its a rare treat to get those two types of fish in the same place at the same time...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice Northern Pike, I didn't even know there were any in Maryland. Are there any in the bay or tributaries? Would love to catch some again.
              Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thats a Chain Pickerel a small cousin of the Northern Pike. You can catch them in many of the tributaries of the rivers that feed into the bay, but generally its more of a winter fishery.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                X