Bay Bridge 8-7-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 8-7-10

I plan on hitting the Bridge this Saturday around 7:30 AM to LL some spot. I'm going to launch from hemingway's for the first time. Is there a preferred place to park there. I don't want to come back and find my truck has been towed away.

Looking at Google maps i would assume it would be safe to park in the back section of the lot away from the shore and cart the yak to the sandy area by the bridge. Is that where you launch from?

got a pic of your kayak? would be nice to meet some of you out there tomorrow

Comment

yep i will be the fat guy floating around in this.

Comment

damn, i was planning on going out tomorrow too, but now i have to work. i off load the kayak on the street near the beach, then park towards the back area like you pointed out.
        sigpic

Comment

hey there

do you guys ever go out on sundays. I have to work every saturday and its rough trying to get down that on sat night (poker night) sunday works best for me. would like to see what your fishing with and what sort of lures your using (remember i am a newby when it comes to salt water fishing).

Comment

Change of plans. I will be going on Sunday morning instead of Saturday morning. Hopefully the weather will hold out on Sunday.

Comment

I will be on a blue ocean kayak prowler by hemingways if anyone is around.

Comment

i plan on hitting up the bay tomorrow also. ill be in a grey hobie.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Well i went out on Saturday with a buddy instead of the yak. We left SPSP at 7:00 am and had all the spot we needed by 8:00 AM. We hit the pylons and had fish on right away. We ended landing 9 fish with the two largest at 26 and 27 inches. Luckily they were clean but 50% of the fish we landed were sick. The first fish i caught was close to 27" but probably only weighed 5 pounds. It was skinny as a rail and covered with sores.

We kept or limit and were back at the dock around 11:00 AM.

I was planning to take out the yak on Sunday morning but my body said no and i hit the snooze button

Comment

Sounds like the rock are on both sides of the bridge. Hopefully they'll stick around for the weekend!

Is that a Cardif 400A? How do you like that reel? I used them on my friend's boat on SML and they had the smoothest drags. Do you cast with yours or just drop?

I am considering upgrading from my Pflueger PL66's to that after they break down.
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Its a Cardiff 200A (left had version). I love the reel so far very smooth drag and casts great. I loaded it up with 15lb Power Pro. I cast and drop depending on what I'm doing. That is my go to bottom fishing setup for the bay.

I just bought the 100 series for a lite casting rod i just finished for Jigging up some fluke. Great little reels

Comment

Finished product

Comment

Wow that wrap is incredible. Did you do that yourself? I bought a flyrod blank and want to give it to my GF as a present. I'd love to be able to do something like that.
                          www.anglerswithoutborders.com
                          Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Thanks.

Its not all that hard to do. There are several books and instructional videos online line to get you started. Check out Mudhole (online Rod building site).

They have everything you need to get started building.

I started out added diamond wraps to my factory rods years ago. I made a wrapping jig out of some scrap wood and went to town. 10 years later and several $1000 I have more rods sitting in my house that i could ever use

Its an addicting hobby and satisfying when you catch that first fish on a rod you made.

Let me know if you have any questions

Comment

nice work. i build a few rods here and there. my dad has built a few rods for me and so has ralph scaglione out of brooklyn. if you are coming to the meet and greet i will bring a few customs.

again, great looking stuff.
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X