AI Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Surf

went out for 12 hours yesterday!! the first 8 went by with little more than a few nibbles...PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF. Around 9 we began discussing a departure time, and slam...HOOKED UP. Unfortunately the first fish spit the hook but we knew it was on. not 10 minutes later got a hit on my other rod also baited with sand fleas....a 37" Rock.

Another 5 minutes passed and we missed another fish on the same rod as the first!! I reeled up slack line to a weight on the end that burned off 20 yds like nothing then spit the hook. Luckily right after that we got another Hook Up on, this time on Bunker...A 42" Rock.

Both fish pulled hard, but had short fights. Landing a green rockfish in the surf is quite crazy, diving into the breakers to grab was a viable option Luckily we got em both in with no problems.

Also caught 3.5 ft Sand Tiger, and a 2 ft Blue Dog (first for me)

Moral of the story: FISH AS LONG AS POSSIBLE
    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Good job, and congrats! You guys make me want to get out there.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Those are really nice! And to think you coulda left just before the gettin got hot... persistence does often pay off.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

nice job! yeah the spawn is done in the bay and they are heading north to NJ.

Comment

Very nice.

Wow, I want to get one of those on my yak. Great job.
          2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Working...
          X