Anyone at Pohick Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone at Pohick Saturday?

I was out for the morning at Pohick on the 12th. I had a hard time and Ill keep it at that haha. My first mistake was going at low tide. In other places I can get away with it and the snakehead seem to like the low water levels. Not at this location. From where I was anyway. I planned on fishing the second channel (Accotink I think it is) which is North of the launch. It was too shallow. So I moved to the first channel (West from the launch). It was terribly hard to find where they were. I got a couple there but they were small. Maybe I should have started at the mouth of Pohick. I've only been there once before and it's a large area to cover. Anyone have advice before I cross Pohick off the list for a few months? It's pretty close to my house so I'd love to dial that place in a bit more.

It was a very nice morning though. I had that going for me. Luckily I brought the GoPro and I made a quick video

[ame]http://youtu.be/BOKOMzkI8bo[/ame]
    Last edited by jsnyd86; 05-14-2012, 05:01 PM.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Thanks for the report. That water looked pretty clear. Did you try putting the camera underwater to try and video some of the fish? Seeing the catfish was cool.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

It was clear in that area, but the rest was chocolate milk! I have some cool ideas for a video I'll be doing. Just wanted to make sure everything was talking to one another and I could run through a full upload and edit. I always catch fish when there isnt a decent camera around. Then I bring one out and they give me a hard time. Not sure if I should try Pohick again of go to Leesylvania. That place has really grown on me and has about the same fishing as Pohick. Just in a smaller area.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Working...
      X