Surf Launching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Launching

I was in OC this weekend and kept thinking about kayak fishing while ont he beach being bored sitting in the stupid sun doing nothing! i just dont get it, but thats what the girls wanted to do. anyways, anybody launch from the surf? i haven never done it and wanted to from OC or AI. on days with waves a couple feet high, seems like it could be pretty easy to turtle, especially considering the waves break so close to the beach. there is almost no time to put the yak in the water, get on, and start paddling before another wave it crashing. anybody done it from these 2 areas? ive seen vids on youtube but the seas are much different, longer and more time apart that in the MD surf?
    sigpic

I have from both, but only with like 1 rod and no other gear. I think I just watched the sets tried to catch a smaller one then just went after it paddling as hard as i could. Have to make sure to keep the nose perpendicular to the waves or else you'll get flipped, you can somewhat cut through the wave. I didn't have trouble getting out, in was harder becaus I got adventurous and tried to surf a wave in, thats when I got flipped.

Comment

Working...
    X