HRBT Launch Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRBT Launch Site?

Heading down to VA this Fri/Sat. Might possibly pull a fish-a-ton and fish the HRBT Fri night. I know many of you have fished there before. Where do you launch from? Thanks in advance.

Doug

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Check out Willoughby boat launch... that's what Kayak Kevin recommended to me.

Comment

Willowby is a nice free launch
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I like free. I also like catching fish. Lets hope the latter works out too. Thanks, guys.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

It's also a long paddle to the bridge. On the north side you can launch from fort Monroe marina for like $5. Not sure if night time access is available though. On the fort Monroe side it's a 3 minute paddle to the bridge and you have access to the Hampton flats for big flounder ( thats what people say)

Comment

Monroe is an easier paddle but the Norfolk side is more productive. Current reports are putting shad, blues, greys, specks, and rock in the lights at night. Flounder have been caught during the day there recently and they will bite at night. It is worth the "long" paddle.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

The area is kind of sketch and the beach is a little rocky (best if you have someone to help), but you can also launch on the north west side of the E Mellen St bridge in Hampton. I've caught Striper and Flounder in the E Mellen st light line and the HRBT is not far either.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
              X