36" from the surf....Assateague Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36" from the surf....Assateague Island

Picked up a nice 36" off the surf down at the beach. My first surf striper of the year. Hopefully more to come.

Fun day with the family on the beach.

Good luck to all

Minh
    Attached Files

Congrats on a nice fish. Not everyday you catch one of that size from shore. I've never fished off that island, but maybe one of these days.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice fish Minh.
      2012 Hobie Revo 13'
      2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Great fish Minh! Looks like you and your family had a nice time. What a bonus to land a fish like that.
        Cliff Williams
        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Thanks everyone. Pretty much when it hits May I firmly plant my feet on the sand of the surf. Thank goodness for Blackberries and Air Cards.

Comment

Nice fish, I got my first from the beach about two weeks ago, a little smaller. Great eating!!
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

That's awesome! Kids look happy
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Hey man nice fish. I saw you at All Tackle sunday morning I think. I was the goof with a 14ft Malibu on my car. Nice fish congrats on the catch.

Comment

Yep that was me. I was wondering if you were a member here. Had to stop and get some snacks for the kids before heading out. Bait was nonexistent. Sometimes you get lucky. It was nice as its the first time my kids have been with me on the beach to see me pull in a nice striper. They thought it was a ray or shark!

I just picked up a 2nd yak that I'm keeping down there permanently. Once the striper run is pretty much over I'll be fluking the bays quite a bit.

Thanks, see you out there!

Comment

Working...
                  X