Weekend 7/31 Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend 7/31 Plans

I'm planning on heading out of either SPSP or Hemmingway's this Saturday. Looking to launch by 6 - 6:30 and focus on live lining.

It's been a pretty weak year for me putting quality fish in the boat, so I am hoping to catch something this weekend. I'll need to be off the water by 12, but I seriously doubt I'll stay out there that long.

If anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to join!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

I might see you out there. I was planning a trip there either sat or sun morning weather permitting. I hope to be on the water by 7:30 if i don't drink too much Friday night : D

Comment

Sounds good, that was my problem last time I went out there... I'm hoping to be on my A game this time. We'll see.

Oh and good news, I found my camera! Just a brief product review... Olympus stylus = tough. Thing has been sitting in the inside of my kayak for weeks in the sun and probably sat in there wet as well... Works like a charm!

Comment

I want to go bad but I have to work on the yak first ....... actually I'm building a cart ......... I hope to take the maiden voyage this weekend ......

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

No problem MM, we'll see you at the meet and greet on the 14th.

Are you going to build your own cart? If you are and it's for the pro angler... I think you're going to need something very stout since your kayak is so heavy. Have you considered using a furniture dolly/hand truck (whatever people call them)? You could cover the bars with pool noodles, then remove the lip at the bottom. Take a few tie down straps through the scuppers on the back or over the top, and you'd be ready to roll. You'd probably have to store the cart in your car, but beats lugging that thing by yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              No problem MM, we'll see you at the meet and greet on the 14th.

Are you going to build your own cart? If you are and it's for the pro angler... I think you're going to need something very stout since your kayak is so heavy. Have you considered using a furniture dolly/hand truck (whatever people call them)? You could cover the bars with pool noodles, then remove the lip at the bottom. Take a few tie down straps through the scuppers on the back or over the top, and you'd be ready to roll. You'd probably have to store the cart in your car, but beats lugging that thing by yourself...
              Yeah ...... building it out of 1 1/4" PVC and is built for bear ........ hopefully it will work ........ I have to turn the yak on it's side to get it out of the backyard and through the gate ........ this one is mainly to git it out of the back yard ......

Haven't thought about the hand truck ..... good idea ..... thanks

Saw another cart for sale @ REI that they have on sale ....... BTW REI's Attic sale for members is Sat ....... anybody else going?

Comment

I made my cart out of 3/4" PVC 2 yrs. ago and it's still going strong. It's really lightweight and straps to my milk crate so I don't have to take it back to the truck after I wheel it to the water.

Comment

Ok as of now the plan is to hit hemmingways at about 5:45/6. Time might increase a little but I'm hoping my buddy doesn't oversleep.

See you there TJ. I've got an orange trident and he has a red and yellow perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    Ok as of now the plan is to hit hemmingways at about 5:45/6. Time might increase a little but I'm hoping my buddy doesn't oversleep.

See you there TJ. I've got an orange trident and he has a red and yellow perception.
                    i am gona be out there on my jetski instead of the kayak at sunrise, hope to see you out there by the bridge tomorrow.

Comment

Mission accomplished! Was great fishing with you and your buddy, Michael.

A great morning, details to follow.

Michael with his prize, the biggest of the day, and then me with my first fish in the SINK.

TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice fish there and congratulations on your first SINK fish

I got a late start and hit the road around 7:30 AM. I was planning on hitting the east side of the bridge with you guys but that changed when i ran into the line of traffic going over the bridge. I decided to launch from SPSP instead. Got on the water around 9:00 and found all the spot i needed. Paddled out to 20' mark and started slinging the spot.

Ended up landing 3. Two around 19" one of which was gut hooked so it went home with me. I also caught one around 23" but it was full of sores so back it went.

richardbb85,
                        Was that you coming into SPSP landing on the Ski? I was in the mango tarpon paddling out.

Also ran into a real nice guy that was a former Hobie owner. He since graduated to a nice boat but saw me floundering around the pylons and gave me a beer. It was very tasty.

The water got a little choppy around 1:00 from 10,000 boats going this way and that . I made sure to hug the pylons later in the day. It was a very busy day out there today. I pulled back in SPSP around 3:00 and got out of dodge. The park was packed by then. Glad i didn't wait till later in the day to launch.

Is the eastern side of the bridge any better as far as boat traffic? I only made it out to pylon number 22 on the west bound bridge span. It was too crazy any further out with all the boats.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                          Very nice fish there and congratulations on your first SINK fish

I got a late start and hit the road around 7:30 AM. I was planning on hitting the east side of the bridge with you guys but that changed when i ran into the line of traffic going over the bridge. I decided to launch from SPSP instead. Got on the water around 9:00 and found all the spot i needed. Paddled out to 20' mark and started slinging the spot.

Ended up landing 3. Two around 19" one of which was gut hooked so it went home with me. I also caught one around 23" but it was full of sores so back it went.

richardbb85,
                          Was that you coming into SPSP landing on the Ski? I was in the mango tarpon paddling out.

Also ran into a real nice guy that was a former Hobie owner. He since graduated to a nice boat but saw me floundering around the pylons and gave me a beer. It was very tasty.

The water got a little choppy around 1:00 from 10,000 boats going this way and that . I made sure to hug the pylons later in the day. It was a very busy day out there today. I pulled back in SPSP around 3:00 and got out of dodge. The park was packed by then. Glad i didn't wait till later in the day to launch.

Is the eastern side of the bridge any better as far as boat traffic? I only made it out to pylon number 22 on the west bound bridge span. It was too crazy any further out with all the boats.
                          yea, i was back by the ramp around 9:30-10am i think. I think i was the only jetski fishing out there. I was on the water at sunrise, found plenty of spots right infront of the beach. Kept few decent sizes and tried my luck at the bridge. It was my first time Livelining, got Skunked!!!!!!!

Anyone wona hit up SPSP this week? i can go wed early morning, and anytime on the weekend. I need to get this LL skunk off like ASAP.

did you see me? lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

WTG, guys! Coupla nice lookin' fish there. Glad you got into them. I can't wait to get out there!

TJ, Congrats on the first SINK fish!

Michael, I imagine that one eased the frustration a bit. Nice job!

On our way now to the boat for an over-nighter. Going up to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and will catch Heart at Pier Six tonight. But before we get there will do some upper bay bottom bouncing! Hopefully some bigger HH's have made their way up there by now.

Comment

nice fish, congrats. weekends at spsp you gota get out early to miss some of the boat traffic, i find it easier to launch from the boat ramp and slip right under the bridge. you get some stares and a lot of questions from boater going by

Comment

Working...
                              X