Just introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just introducing myself

Just wanted to say hello! Someone linked this website from another forum when I asked for info on fishing the bay in a yak and I have been trying to catch up! Lots of good information on locations and techniques. Been fishing forever but I am green when it comes to both the salt and fishing out of a yak so I have been trying to learn on the fly. Only tried 3 locations so far, the Severn River, SPSP, and Ft Armistad/Key Bridge, but I am sure that number will grow quite a bit now Look forward to meeting and fishing with you folks. Don't mind fishing alone but company is nice! Good Fishin

Chimo

Welcome...thanks for joining.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome!! how has your season been?
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome Chimo! This is a great site and great guys that share experiences, how to's, fishing reports and more! We are targeting August 14th for a group outing that is currently slated for SPSP. Keep an eye on the forum as we get closer. Someone might come up with a better location! Look forward to meeting and fishing with you!!

Tight lines!
        John

Comment

Welcome aboard! It sure is hard to go back to any small waters after Yak fishin' on the bay in any capacity

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
            Welcome aboard! It sure is hard to go back to any small waters after Yak fishin' on the bay in any capacity

and that is a fact!

i rather be on a yak that boat!
            sigpic

Comment

Been doing pretty good considering I am learning as I go. Been able to find the white perch almost everywhere I go, got a nice channel cat down by the Key bridge and have caught some monster rock fish there as well, up to 14" s lol Been getting pulled around by the Rays occasionally to which is a blast. Planning on trying to meet up with everyone on the 14th and can't wait to put some of the info I have learned on here to use! Good Fishin

Chimo

Comment

hey there back.

I see your from pikesville and Ilive in joppatown. we have a nice water access over my way in joppatown called marinor point. easy access and no fee. I am in the same yak , I am kind of new to salt water fishing as well.

Comment

First ....... welcome aboard

second ...... You guys might want to look at Rocky Point ...... that area is made for Yaks ........ especially the area between the islands ........ plenty of current ..... shallow with some deeper holes ....... rips .......... and perfect for stealth fishing ........

I've caught some nice stripers there (usually 18 - 25") but I always thought you would do much better without the engine noise

Comment

welcome! be careful at ft armistead not safe for you or your stuff when you are on the water, go to ft smallwood much safer

Comment

Working...
                    X