Bay Bridge 7.25.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 7.25.10

Grilled Sardine and I launched from Hemmingways on Sunday after both of us overslept on our planned Saturday trip, but probably was a good idea considering how hot it was in Saturday. We caught spot in the shallows and man are they tiny! We ended up live lining the pillons and sewer pipe. I had 3 runs, one got wraped around the pillon and they spit the hook, the second I dropped at the boat and th 3rd I landed which was 24". GS had one run but didnt have the drag set properly so it got away. Nice to be out on the water since i havent been out in months!! i have a cool vid i will post up later. Tons of baitfish around, but nothing chasing them?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

more pics
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for the report. I presume you guys were off the water when the t-storm blew through.

Me and the missus just got home after a camping trip and it started to get dark. So I checked the radar on the computer and there was a lot of red! We scrambled to batten down the hatches of our deck, take down the hanging planters, etc. Just in time before the wind really got going. Then the rain came. Hard and fast. It only lasted a little while for us in N VA. I know MD got hit pretty good. THAT would be scary in a kayak!

Comment

luckily we missed the storms. We left by noon. If i didnt have a bday party that afternoon I probably would of stayed longer.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Here is a vid of the spot in my hobie livewell..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCgew4sb0Q
          sigpic

Comment

Good ya'll missed the storms, terrible about the Jet skier out of SPSP that died that day.

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
              Good ya'll missed the storms, terrible about the Jet skier out of SPSP that died that day.
              tell me more? didnt hear about that?
              sigpic

Comment

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/loc...eath-in-m.html

You'd think that Annapolis residents would have been watching the weather closer..but they also mention a bunch of capsized vessells in that same squall.

Comment

Love those pics ....... what camera are you using?

Also ...... What kind of Hobie do you have ........

Comment

Man you Hobie guys have all the goodies. Here i am pulling a minnow bucket behind me, trying to paddle with one hand, holding the rod and feathering out line on the other, all while trying to stay close to a pylon in choppy boat filled water.

The Outback is looking better and better every trip just gota convice my self i need another boat.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                      Man you Hobie guys have all the goodies. Here i am pulling a minnow bucket behind me, trying to paddle with one hand, holding the rod and feathering out line on the other, all while trying to stay close to a pylon in choppy boat filled water.

The Outback is looking better and better every trip just gota convice my self i need another boat.
                      i did the whole minnow bucket thing. i had the white with orange top minnow bucket, but it slowed me down soooooo much towing it behind me. when i tried just keeping it behind the seat i would have to dip it in the water, literally, every 5 minutes or else the spot would die since the water would heat up so fast in the sun, so i got tired of that. i was planning on making a livewell out of a cooler but found a great deal on the livewell, so i just bought it and dont regret it!
                      sigpic

Comment

mmanolis2001 is that the new tarpon 140? if so how do you like it?
                        '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                        '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                        Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

It is a 2009 T120. It's my first kayak so I can't compare it to anything else but I feel it's a solid boat. Very stable but it's not the fastest kayak. It does drift faster than other kayaks for some reason though. I have enjoyed my time on the water with it so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X