Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn

heading to the severn saturday morning if anyone wants to come, hopfully my camera mount will be here by then

Hey Surf- I'm heading to SPSP early Sat to try improve on my last trip there. I'm going with one other guy so far. If you want to join us feel free!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

thanks red, but i need a quite place to try and reboot my fish finders and see if they will detect the bottom if the fish will leave me alone long enough. good tides for sat. se winds could be nasty. going to save spsp for the 14th

Comment

Hey SD -

What time were you planning on hitting the Severn -- were you going at o'dark 30 or a little later ?

Comment

Would you mind a third tagging along at SPSP red?

Comment

Surf, I'm watching the weather and hoping for the best... you know it's bad luck to talk about it though!

TJ - it'd be great if you wanted to join us, always better to have some numbers out there. We may try hemmingways this trip, never launched from there and the crowds at spsp can be thick!

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me! SPSP has been very crowded with jet skiers. Throw me a time and location and Im there

Comment

Good luck on the Severn Surf. I'm going to stop hijacking your thread and post my plans on a new thread...

Let us know how you do! What happened to your electronics?

Comment

no problamo red, IDK worled fine for a couple trips then the depth started blinking and it lost bottom. hooked up a brand new transd. to it and tested it in a bucket of water and it was doing the same thing with the new transducer. called lowrance and they said to try a hard start to see if it will reboot, if not i got an RA number to send it back 3-5 weeks that sucks i hope it works also have a cuda 300 doing the same thing going to reboot that one too and send it back for repair also

Comment

That sucks Surf. I had some issues with my Lowrance GPS and then again with my depthfinder. After reading around more on the net seems like a lot of guys have had issues with their products. Hopefully they can fix you up!

You might need something deeper than a bucket of water to test. Even on my humminbird, if it's less than a foot or two it doesn't know what's going on. I'm hoping for an improved reading once I get the scupper transducer working.

Also, how are you mounting your transducer? Goop? Vaseline? Putty? I'm not sure if that'd make a difference either...

Comment

Surfdog ....... check the pins and plugs on your wires and connectors ........ many times it is corrosion ........ had a similar problem with the GPS on my Lowrance ....... cleaned the connector stuff .... sprayed w/anti corrosion stuff and good as new ........

Comment

i used a brand new transducer not mounted in the yak and both still dont read, also put it in the pool still nothing. when the cuda was new i could set the shallow alarm from the bucket. ill try the reboot in 15-20' of water. if i have to send them back i hope i get them back by oct. when fishing gets serious

pins are clean and lubed, trans nicley stuck inside with 100% clear silicone

Comment

went out with mightymouse and grady black, got a late start so decided not to fish the rocks for stripers and just concentrate on HH and wp. plenty of wp some over 10". grady must have been using bw nipples because he was sure pulling in the baby fish moved off the wps and found some nice fat croakers, put 8 on the stringer. beautiful morning to be on the water. damn these new cameras cant see the screen with polarized sunglasses and my action pics didnt come out but i got some at home
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X