X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie's

Who on here has a Hobie?

Anyone else w/Pro Angler?

Better yet ........ What Yak do you have?

I'll start ...... I have an old Wilderness Ride and a Hobie Pro Angler ( and I've yet to wet a paddle) ........

hobie revolution now had a heritage redfish and a ws tarpon 120.

Comment

ws tarpon 100 -- maybe a hobie someday

Ultimate Watersports (east of Baltimore) rents Hobies -- I think I'm going to go try one out for an hour to see what it's like

Comment

Hobie Outback fish and I also have one from Dick's that comes in handy when buddies want to go out with me and don't have their own.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

My first kayak was a Tarpon 120 then I upgraded to a Hobie Revo 2 years ago.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 (I keep this one down in NC though)

Previously had a Heritage Redfish 12
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

hobies??

i have a pro angler. It is one of the better kayaks on the market that caters to fishing. very stable platform. alot of storage. plus the rod holders can hold other things besides rods........ The only real drawback that i have seen is during a heavy rain some water may get into those tubes and leak into the holds. What i may do is put some styrofoam in those holes. I installed my fishfinder(humminbird 385ci kayak combo) on the mast insert and it stays out of the way of my feet. plus i have a garmin gps installed on the right side for easy access so that i can mark my location. I would install a flag or light. I believe you can get one from scotty.

Comment

I have had a pro angler for over a year now and love it! Had a wilderness system pungo classic prior to the Pro Angler and glad I upgraded.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hobie Revo!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm traveling for work till next week (should be home for the meet and greet *fingers crossed*) and I found a good deal on a revo with a bait tank already on it. How do you guys like your Revo's? Stable enough? I'm between the outback (stability) and adventure (speed/distance) so the revo makes a lot of sense to me. I'm hoping to test paddle it this weekend and make my decision.

I love my OK Trident and plan on keeping it for shallow water/extra kayak but I think I want a hobie as well. Would be great for covering more water!

Comment

btw, I've read pretty much every site on this forum so I know you guys like yours. Just looking for a little extra convincing I guess. It's a lot of money but I think it'd be worth it for the amount of use I'll get out of it over the next years.

Comment

Haven't used mine yet ........ outfitting ..........

but I absolutely LOVE it ....... extremely well layed out ....... tons of space ....... tons of storage ........ so stable you can stand and fish yet (from what I hear ) still fairly fast and can turn on a dime ........ and you can peddle, paddle, sail or motor ......... hands free fishing and crabbing ......

Thing that put me over the top was the potential for crabbing ....... should be enough room for traps and baskets ........ and a silent approach to the traps .........

....... and for fishing ...... you can silently get right up on top of a piling .....
                        use your fins to combat the current so you can verticle jig for flounder ...... fish the shallows, flats and rips better than with any craft ........

ETC ETC ETC !!!!!!!!!

The only drawback is weight ........ 138 lbs ....... but I can still move it around and get it on the cart with little problem ........ will see how it is loading it on the SUV roof this weekend (I hope) .......
                        I'm a fat lazy out of shape, old, couch potato so any one else should be able to also ........

Look around ........ there are some end of year deals ........ mine is a 2009 demo w/full warranty ........ I got it for $1700 ..........

Oh ....... and the resale values are high too .......

PULL THE TRIGGER AND JOIN US IN HEAVEN !!!!!!

oooooo .......... his arm just came off ......... guess it's time to stop twisting ......

Comment

My biggest mistake was not getting a hobie right away. I got a tarpon cause it was cheaper then upgraded to a hobie a year later. I sold the tarpon all rigged and ready to fish for less $$ than I paid for the kayak.

The revo's are great. I got the revo cause i wanted stablility like the outback and speed like the adventure. I guess it was best of both worlds. But hands down, nothing beats a mirage drive for fishing. Get the revo, you wont regret it.
                          Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

OOPS ........ I was talking about the PRO ANGLER .......... the revo is great too .......... much faster so you can get to the distant spots faster and with less effort .......

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! My arm is definitely twisted off already. Believe me, after paddling to the pumpkin patch in J-bay and then trolling all around it, then all the way back down the ruffle bar/old channel, to big fishkill channel, then back up the ruffle bar to some hump... all the while not catching a single fish and seeing these hobie guys slaying them. Oh and standing and stretching... or eating a sandwich... talking on the phone.... etc. I knew I needed one.

Next question, buying second hand- what does that mean for the warranty?
                              Last edited by Redfish12; 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X