West River near Pirate's Cove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West River near Pirate's Cove

Has anyone ever put their yak in from the park there and tried for perch? Sure looks fishy sitting there eating dinner. Thinking of trying it Tuesday morning.

if it looks fishy it cant hurt to try. let us know how you did, ill check the chart to see where you mean

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      if it looks fishy it cant hurt to try. let us know how you did, ill check the chart to see where you mean
      Didn't get to go today, but soon I hope. Don't know the name of the little park, but it's perfect for our needs. Parking for 15 cars, a public pier with a path to a sandy launch site. Also a few picnic tables and charcoal grills. Best part, the people in Pirates Cove say it's public. Since it's just one river away from the Severn it should hold some of those big perch.

Comment

couldnt find anything on pirates cove on google maps checked the charts for the west river looks like a good area a bit shallow. the severn and south rivers are a lot deeper. if you can get a street name or the parks name i can locate it.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          couldnt find anything on pirates cove on google maps checked the charts for the west river looks like a good area a bit shallow. the severn and south rivers are a lot deeper. if you can get a street name or the parks name i can locate it.
          Pirates Cove is an inn/restaurant in Galesville
          4817 Riverside Drive The park is right next to it.

Comment

Galesville Wharf

http://www.aacounty.org/recparks/par...ille_wharf.cfm

Looks like something I might try on one of my next outings

Comment

found it with the address, looks good and free. noaa chart 12270, looks to be about 8-9' deep in the middle, let me know when you want to go and check it out. looks like a good spot when the winds up on the main bay

Comment

Working...
              X