Rod Holders what do you use/recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Holders what do you use/recommend

I have extentions for my Pro Angler but I need 2 more up front. I know a little about the Scotty's and the Ram's but not what is best.

I know I want them extended and adjustable to any position and dependable when a fish strikes ......

What do you recommend?

i used scottys on my previous yaks and liked them, got the ram revos for my hobie and they are good but i notice that the holder will pull out of position with a big strike even after cranking down on the handle to tighten them

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      i used scottys on my previous yaks and liked them, got the ram revos for my hobie and they are good but i notice that the holder will pull out of position with a big strike even after cranking down on the handle to tighten them
      So ....... I take it you like the Scotty's better?

Comment

the scotty locks in place better but the ram is more adjustable i just dont have the grip to get it real tight, might have to use channel locks on it to get a tight grip in the ball

Comment

I like Scotty's the best. I use flush mounts with extenders. They lock in tight but also are easy to remove. There are also a lot of accessories that fit the mounts.

Comment

Scotty's definitely more versatile. I like the fact several have a licking mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
              Scotty's definitely more versatile. I like the fact several have a licking mechanism.
              mine didn't come with that "licking" feature. i got ripped off

Comment

Doh! Proof read, dummy proof read! Of course I meant LOCKing mechanism. On the bright side it passed spell checker. Now I gotta get it through my head to always proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read...!

Comment

Working...
                X