Ocean city,maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean city,maryland

Fished stinky beach Friday morning lots of bait in the water,some small flounder chasing minnows around,some people caught some small flounder.A school of blues came by but wouldn't hit my lures to much bait in water who knows.Whent to the inlet Saturday fished bucktails off the jetty caught a 25" striper.striper has to be 28" at the beach"good luck".Off the jetty by 8:30 am already 85 degrees and climbing quick.Too much family to go out fishing at night.

run up to delaware size droped to 20-26 for the summer

Comment

I fished the west channel off Gudelsky Park 2 days last week. I caught about 25 flounder all small. The water was clear but no one was finding anything of size.

28 inchers are tough to come by in OCMD this late in the summer.

Comment

Back in the day when I lived up north we would always find the bigger flounder (fluke up north) in 25-30'+ of water along channel edges or other drop offs. A big bait helps, too. It happens at certain times of the year but rare to see big ones inshore in my experience. But 28" is a darn big one no matter where you're from!

BTW, a flounder of 38 1/4 inches and weighing 24.3 pounds was caught in 55' of water off the Jersey coast in 2007. A potential world record but was denied because the angler broke an IGFA rule. Deep water=big fish!

Comment

That's a gigantic flounder. They have to be 19" in MD but the throwback rate right now in OC is about 95%. The channel I fish drops from a 2 ft bar to 31 ft. The first day I used minnows because I couldn't find any spot but they were too small and just catching 12-15 inch fish. Day 2 I went with a bucktail and squid combo but couldn't find any big boys.

Comment

Night time off the bridge is good for big fish ,they go into the shallows in stealth mode.At IndianRiver Inlet the striper fisherman come out at night and fish eels.

Comment

how to people haul up big fish from the bridge? Pier net? Everytime I drive by I never see anyone with nets.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

yup pier nets,I learned my lesson the hard way I caught a flounder that dwarfed a 22" my friend caught, it wiggled itself off the hook as I tried to ease it up to the bridge.After this guy watched me struggle with this doormat he comes up to tell me i could have borrowed his.I felt like why did he wait to offer."sheesh"

Comment

A lot of people don't bring their own drop nets to the bridge. Someone always has one and everyone is more than willing to help others. However, I always have mine with me.

Comment

Just joined, great forum, lots of information. I'll be heading down OC next week. You guys know of any good put in spots. I don't saltwater fish much any pointers? I'll probably hit up the inlet for blues and rock, or whatevers biting; and the bay for flounder (using the info above for my flounder adventures).

Comment

Welcome. Fish the bay for flounder during the day. Put in at Gudelsky Park off Old Bridge Rd. and fish the channel between the park and the sandbar. Big baits and deep holes are what you are looking for this time of year.

Blues and Rock are nighttime bites. You should be able to hammer the blues and shad at either the Oceanic Pier or the jetty wall behind the motel. Rock can be caught there but you will have more luck from the Rt. 50 bridge. Both of these should be on the incoming tide.

Comment

Working...
                      X