Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va Beach 04/15 - 4/16

Who's going down this weekend?

Wind forecasts for this Sat morning are about 5-10mph N according to fishweather.com.

This is the last weekend for togs in VA, so I'd like to go to VB/CBBT. The forecasts I looked at say winds will be in the teens with gusts to 30 mph. For me, that's not good for CBBT. Been there many times only to turn away because of the water/wind didn't look good. Back-up plan for togs can be Kipto. Frankly, Kipto doesn't motivate me because of recent reports. A few keepers were caught, but many guys have been skunked or have caught shorties. It almost seems like the wrecks have been outfished of keepers.

I'd like to go down to VB Friday with a possible stay-over to Sat. So, I could meet you Fri or Sat. Will monitor wx. If wind forecasts are still high, it's a no-go for me. Instead, I may go for cats or something else in protected areas in MD.

There are other places for tog in VB (e.g., Lynnhaven, HRBT), but I've not heard recent reports of keepers being caught.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I am working on Sat. Sun is do-able

joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Sat - Sun is probably my only chance. I think the only choice is probably Kipto and maybe Fisherman island for flounder. The pilot online report says lynnhaven is hit or miss for flounder.

Sunday has the worst wind forecast for CBBT.

Comment

If you target flounder, may as well go for a protected place (e.g., Stockton, MD; maybe Chicoteague?). I don't think Fisherman's Island is protected. Depends on wind direction.

Comment

Wind forecast looks marginal, but I'm going down to CBBT tomorrow. If the wind is really bad, backup is to hit HRBT for togs or flounder. I may stay overnight and on Saturday morning either hit CBBT or meet Ron at Stockton to try for flounder around Parker Bay.

What are you guys doing?

Comment

According to fishweather.com the winds look good Friday and Sat morning for CBBT.

I'm going to head down Saturday morning around 7:30-8am. If you stay then I'll join you for CBBT. If not, the winds at Kipto looks good in the morning and I'll try my luck there for togs and flounder. Reports show they have caught some small flounders from the pier.

I'm not sure if HRBT is a good place for togs. I rather take my chances at Kipto.

Comment

I am heading for Kipto only because I have an unfinished business there, Saturday Noon or Sunday. I am hoping for the westerly wind.

Joe
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Sunday's wind forecast is bad.

Comment

Winds for Sat should be better than Fri. I have your cell, Dave. Will call you Sat morning to let you know where I am.

I heard togs can be caught at HRBT. Even though I was already skunked there, will try again. If no togs, I may try Hampton Bar or HRBT for flounder.

BTW, could not find blue crabs at Grand Mart, Lotte or Super H. So, will use shrimp and clams.

Comment

Cool. You can pick up crabs at Oceans East 2 in the morning. They were small though and they don't let you pick them out.

Comment

Joe said shrimp works well, so I will listen to the expert.

Don't forget your warm gear. Winds can make it too cool.

Comment

I am trying to be at Kipto around Noon.
                          Both of you have my number.

Joe

Comment

No Blue Crab

I stopped by H-mart (Fairfax) and Lotte (Chantill). They didn't have blue crab.
                            According to a guy in the fish section, he didn't order crab because of the high price caused by the limited supply.

I am bringing shrimp only tomorrow, and won't stop by Ocean East II. I think The baits will be gone because everybody fishes tomorrow for tog

joe

Comment

Thanks for saving me a trip to the grocery stores.

OE2 should have it early in the morning like 7am. I always wanted to try fiddler also.

Comment

Working...
                              X