Upper Rapp 4-7-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Rapp 4-7-12

Meadeo and myself launched around 11am for about a mile long paddle upstream. Minus the wind it was beautiful out. Fishing was good. It could have been better but at least I was able to get out. We focused on shad during the day. Fishing seemed to pick up towards the evening when the tide started rolling in. The water was also really clear. I spotted some really nice LMB. It was also neat to see hundreds of schools of shad swimming under our kayaks.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

Great Report.

Nice report. What were you catching the fish on? Cool pictures too. I need to get out and after some shad and stripers soon.

Comment

Everything was caught on shad darts. Pink, white, red and chartruese were the colors. We tried to cut up the shad to use as cut bait for blue cats but were were having too much fun drifting. Either that or just laziness. Lol.
      Hobie Outback
      WS Tarpon
      IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Thanks for the report. I'm glad somebody got into them.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ILV2F5H View Post
          Meadeo and myself launched around 11am for about a mile long paddle upstream. Minus the wind it was beautiful out. Fishing was good. It could have been better but at least I was able to get out. We focused on shad during the day. Fishing seemed to pick up towards the evening when the tide started rolling in. The water was also really clear. I spotted some really nice LMB. It was also neat to see hundreds of schools of shad swimming under our kayaks.
          The last thirty minutes the whole river came to life with fish. I think we caught as many as we did all day right before dark. Was a good relaxing fishing day with a good friend.

The one picture i took all day of a very nice American shad i had caught.

Meadeo
          2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Working...
          X