Bay Bridge Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Tomorrow

Sorry for the short notice but i'll be hitting up the bay bridge tomorrow morning. i couldn't decide between the air show or fishing so ill be doing both. fishing in the morning and air show in the afernoon. ill be launching from hemmingsway. swing by if you get a chance. i'll be trolling around tandem rigs.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Man I wish I'd had known I would have gone. Better luck next time

Comment

sorry about the short notice...

well, i hit up the bay bridge, trolled around some tandems and nothing. not one bite. so, its about noon, im starving, so i head back to shore to get a bite to eat. there was another yaker loading his yak in his suv so i stopped by to see if he had any luck. he said he caught over 30 fish jigging the pilings. biggest one was 30inches. after a little encouragement i decided to go back out. i went to hemmingsway first and had a nice crab cake sandwich and a bud light. so after some encouragement from this yaker, i launced again and started jigging the pilings. i only had some pm and storm shads to work with and nothing. so then i rig up my poles again with some smaller tandems and nothing. so around 4pm i headed back to shore with nothing. i dropped my $100 pair sunglasses in the water and lost about $20 worth of parachute rigs. so after a dissapointing day with no bites, no fish, and no airshow....i stopped by that little crab house at hemmingsway and get myself 2 dozen crabs and they were delicious. better luck next week!
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Awww that stinks! I'm sorry to hear about your sunglasses and rigs...part of the sport though huh? Don't feel bad about the airshow...half of the planes didn't fly and the half that did were half a** displays...oh well...at least we got to see the F22!

How were the crab prices at Hemmingways?

Comment

Nothing from nothing but I find it hard to believe he jigged up 30 fish from the pilings. was that including the white perch, toad fish, undersized rocks, maybe a loose catfish. Remember your were OUT some of us were stuck IN. Me espcially as I had to work and not really well trained enough with my yak (hopeless with it is more like it) to work the bridge. I have donated a good share of gear the bridge reclaimation project. Get'em next week.

Comment

Originally posted by featherpop View Post
            Awww that stinks! I'm sorry to hear about your sunglasses and rigs...part of the sport though huh? Don't feel bad about the airshow...half of the planes didn't fly and the half that did were half a** displays...oh well...at least we got to see the F22!

How were the crab prices at Hemmingways?

it was $55 for 2 dozen and they threw in 6 additional ones. they were pretty good though!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by jaik68 View Post
              Nothing from nothing but I find it hard to believe he jigged up 30 fish from the pilings. was that including the white perch, toad fish, undersized rocks, maybe a loose catfish. Remember your were OUT some of us were stuck IN. Me espcially as I had to work and not really well trained enough with my yak (hopeless with it is more like it) to work the bridge. I have donated a good share of gear the bridge reclaimation project. Get'em next week.
              yeah...i was kinda shocked when he said that. im not sure what he was catching but he did catch a 30inch striper. he said he was using bucktails with pork rinds as a trailer.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

featherpop...how was the charter on sunday?
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                  featherpop...how was the charter on sunday?
                  It got canceled! The captain said winds were coming in and it was going to get rough...I wasn't too upset though....gave me a chance t catch up on my napping haha

Comment

Working...
                  X