Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules

I was reading on the main page about the dnr checking the lures and the barbs being crushed. I looked on the dnr page at the rules and I didn't see anything.
    Also what is the required safety items needed.
    I don't want to get busted just trying to catch a fish. The rules do seem complicated and the hook thing is throwing me off.
    Please give me a basic idea of what I need to do to simply just catch a fish without getting busted. What kind of hooks should I use? I do not plan on keeping any fish. Just simple kayak fishing.
    thanks
    ......I'll be on Kent Island this time tomorrow...

For the barbs being crushed, that only applies during catch and release season so you dont have to worry about that now. that was a new rule that they implemented this year. As far as hooks, i believe its 2 hooks per rig, doesnt matter what kind. For saftey requirements, your required to have a life vest, wistle and somekind of signaling device (mirror, flare gun etc). I think thats all thats required for kayaking. If im missing something, ill someone else shine in.
    Last edited by Grilled; 07-22-2010, 09:46 AM.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

The NOAA card?

What is the NOAA card? I do have the vhf radio with the NOAA channel.
      Is that it? I think I got all the bases covered. I have the Bay Sport Fishing Permit.

Thanks

Comment

The NOAA card is new this year also. You have to go to the NOAA website and register with them. You dont have to pay anything, just register and they will send you a registration card.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/

Ah..i forgot about the VHF. Even though I dont think your required to have a VHF for kayaking, it is a critical piece of equipment. I always take mine when I go out.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
        X