I've joined the Darkside ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've joined the Darkside ........

Hi ...... I'm Rick and I just finished ordering a Hobie Pro Angler so I guess I joined the darkside ................... Once it is set up and I can figure out how to load it on my car I'll be looking for some fishing and crabbing trips .........

be welcome to the darkside

Comment

awesome....let me know how you like the pro angler. ive been looking at them, might be my next boat.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

hobie pro angler

you will be very happy with that purchase. I have mine rigged with a garmin385, anchor trolley and gps. It is a super fishing platform and you shouldnt have any problem with stability. It is very heavy and i have been saving money to get a trailor (poker winnings)I have a nissan extera and it gets a little heavy lifting. make sure you purchase the extra wheels. that will help you alot to get it to the water. Good luck and hope to see you on the water.

Comment

Welcome! I'm new the dark side this year as well. You will never be the same!

I went with an Ocean Kayak Drifter. After seeing some of those Hobie's in action I may look for one, too. Definitely extends the range.

John

Comment

Thanks Guys ......... ordered it on Tuesday and it is being delivered tomorrow ......... Just in time for my Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!

After I bought it I discovered that I can't get it into the back yard without turning it on it's side so I will have to build a cart to do that before I can use it.

Funny thing is ........ This is my second yak and I've yet to wet a paddle. I bought an older Wilderness ride and picked it up 2 weeks ago and started to outfit it ....... then I saw a deal on this one that I couldn't refuse .......... so I guess I'm ready for just about anything now .......

Anyway ...... thanks for the warm welcome .......

Comment

Where did you buy the pro angler if you don't mind me asking?
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

St Louis Sailing ......... they had a 2009 demo ........ www.stlouissailing.com/

Comment

The Pro Angler came today ........ Woooo Hoooooo ............. haven't been this excited since my granddaughter was born ......

Now I have to get some other stuff ........ need a new PFD ...... looking at the Extrasport Osprey PFD .......... any one have any opinions on it ...... looking for a PFD that will hold the survival stuff ...... radio,SPOT, knife whistle etc .........

Any other recommendations?

Comment

Welcome. I can't imagine not having a fishfinder.

Comment

Sorry ...... I wasn't clear ........ I have a ton of DF's. I was asking what PFD does everyone recommend ........ BTW ...... I looked at the one I was interested in and it didn't seem to have the flotation some of the others have.

So ....... What PFD do you recommend? ...... in fact ...... I think I'll start threads with my questions.

THanks
                        Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X