First meeting on Saturday the 4/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First meeting on Saturday the 4/7

Just a reminder to the Leadership team and anyone else that wants to attend. We will have our first MD HOW meeting on saturday the 7th at 530pm at the BassPro Shops Meeting room. The room is behind the Shooting Gallery. I work until 530pm in Fishing and will join you all after I punch out. If you like, you can hang out in front or go in the room. I'm hoping Jim gets all of our most recent paperwork and gets me the code to access the site that we will be looking over. Nay_Sayer picked up some info for us last week in Richmond. We will be planning our first outing at this meeting also. All MKF folks are welcome to attend. Any Leadership Team members that have any type of laptop or IPad or such and want to bring it, along with your own internet connection, feel free to do so. I'm bringing mine and I think NaySayer is bringing his IPAD. As I stated above, We may have access to the HOW Site for all the planning info we need. At least I'm hoping we do by then. I'm hoping that all 4 leadership guys have sent in your required paperwork by now. That will hold us up if it hasn't been sent yet.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Last edited by medicyaker; 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Meeting is postponed until a date tbd

The 4/7 meeting for HOW has been postponed Since we have not received access to the manuals yet. We didn't think we needed to meet until we had read these to discuss. Stay tuned and we will announce the new date as soon as we get access to the manuals.

Comment

What is the leadership team?
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Medicyaker,

Would you guys please include me in email msg of the meetings. Best is to hit me at work at: lynnj@mitre.org

Also, what service are/were you in? I was AF healthcare wennie!

Comment

OK Cajun, I'll let everyone on here know of any meetings. The leadership team consists of 4 people that I selected to help run the MD Chapter. They are myself, Nay_Sayer, EdSiegel and Surfdog. There is going to be a larger committee of about 9 or so folks and they will be spaced throughout the state. I will fill everyone in shortly about all of this. I will be counting on anyone and everyone that wants to help on the day of or in the planning of any of the 4 or so outings that we will be having with the Wounded Vets. Just keep an eye out on this link for any of that stuff. I will also attempt to post something on the main forum of MKF. Afterall, You guys are the ones that made this all possible.
          The other question on my military affiliation, I was a JarHead, a Marine, a Grunt and served from 1979-1983 and had just re-upped when I was injured during the Beirut Lebanon Marine Corp Barracks Bombing in Oct. 83. I was a part of the multii-national Peacekeeping force with 2/9
          I will be at the Susquehanna event this weekend. If anyone has any questions about HOW.
          Thanks everyone for all the support.
          Last edited by medicyaker; 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM.
          Tom Brown
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Facebook Page

OK Folks, We now have a Facebook Page initiated. Its not quite where it needs to be but is at least as I said, initiated. I hope to have it looking nice by the end of this weekend. Search HeroesonthewaterMD/Facebook
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

First, thanks! Appreciate the insights and your service. My brother did time in that distant place. He was Army and caught a few pieces of a grenade when he was in processing.
              Thanks for the updates and you can count on this old AF weenie.

Comment

This looks awsome! I would love to participate! =-) I always wanted to attempt Kayaking & have not been fishing in atleast 5+ years... I'm Physically Disabled & also have Depresson Anxiety/PTSD from a LE Line of Duty Injury. I was also a Vol Firefighter for several years. I was not in the Military, but saw this program may be open to non military who served in Public Safety? Is there any additional info?
                MD HOW got me Hooked!!! Looking for my first Kayak!!!

Comment

Yes that's correct, you are eligable to join us on our outting. We take military, law enforcement and fire dept personel injured in the LOD as well as family members for support and assistance. I'm currently a medic in Balto and a volunteer ff/EMT in the AACOFD at the Lake Shore Station. Please PM me ur contact information and I will be in touch. Our first outing is for the end of July. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. When we do have our events you won't need any gear unless you want to bring some of your "lucky" personal rods or reels or tackle. We supply everything including the kayak. Thanks for your service to you community and your interest.
                  Tom Brown
                  Coordinator
                  Md HOW
                  (443)306-7306
                  Last edited by medicyaker; 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM.
                  Tom Brown
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Hey I would love to donate what ever I can. I served in the Marine Corps for nearly 12 years. Spent my time in theater. I'm just a regular person, do not have any contacts that would be of any help. But, after 12 years of service, I still know how to work my ass off. So, with that being said, I can volunteer my time in just about any aspect. My humvee was hot by an IED. We were lucky though. No one was seriously hurt. Myself and another Marine were allowed to stay, the third and fourth were sent back. Albeit, one of them was with our sister company and heading home anyways. If any one thing would have been different, our speed, we'd be dead. It was estimated by EOD to be 6-8 155mm artillery shells.

I was lucky. And realize that. Several months ago, I find out a child hood friend wasn't. He was originally air traffic control, then moved to EOD. Multiple deployments later, he found himself in Afghanistan. He was clearing a route of IED's when a second went off and took both legs just above his knees. I was busted up pretty good. But that's it, just busted up. His life is completely turned upside down.

Long story short, I am game for both dates when ever they are. I would love to help out however I can. From showing up before hand to set up or staying late to tear down. Going out on the water with someone, or just providing a watchful eye.

Just let me know how I can help.

Thanks,

Nate.

Comment

Working...
                    X