Fletchers, 4-3-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletchers, 4-3-12

I fished Fletchers from shore on Tuesday, 4-3-12, 10:30am-2:00pm. Low tide was 12:55pm so I was pretty much fishing an hour or two on each side of dead low tide. (Translates to, "I was screwed from the getgo") That was a big strike against me. As I was arriving, guys I met that were leaving said action was really good early in the morning for nice sized hickories. Several guys reported catching several dozen, many were big females.

I caught ~18 hickories which isn’t too bad but Jeez many of them were small, only 2-3 nice females in the mix. I saw a few very nice white perch caught by others.

Also, I am seeing big schools of very small minnows in the backwaters, 1000s of them maybe 1.5"-2" long. I'm also seeing schools of them out in deeper water too. I couldn't ID them. I'm pretty sure they were too large to be YOY from the early runs of herring, hickories and gizzards that started mid-March, but you never know for sure. Anyway, there are a boat load of them throughout the river, many times more than I've ever seen before. No doubt predator fish will be keying in on them real soon if they aren't swept away by heavy flooding.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Man, you're a Fletcher's machine! They still there now?
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X