Stevensville this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevensville this weekend

I'll be heading up to visit my brother this weekend. Is there any place I can buy some basic kayak hardware like the eye pads ect. I can order that stuff online but for all the small things I need shipping will kill me.
    Also we have only been in Thompson creek, I may not be ready to kayak around a bunch of heavy boat traffic. Where would be a good place to start with the kayak fishing. This past weekend I went flathead fishing and was actually shocked at how hard the jerk of a bite would be. I'm really glad my line broke because it would have tipped me over...really. It was like being jerked by a person...crazy

west marine has padeyes and other stuff also check out KI kayaks by the Jetty bar CD has some stuff there also.

go to romancoke there is a little ramp there and the fishing is good out past the marker bouy.

lighten up on the drag or you will get dumped, i use penn live liners set with almost no drag so when something hits and runs i have time to react

Comment

I've yet to experience a big fish on the kayak. (looking forward to a Chesapeake Bay sleigh ride... a cownose ray!) I've seen some of those Kayak Fishing Magazine and La Jolla CA videos of guys catching sharks, tuna and marlin. In one, the guy was really leaning hard on a tuna. It didn't appear he had any stability trouble so it can be done!

Dick's also has some basics. Not a lot on inventory but a few things. Backyard Boats in Annapolis would have more kayak parts.

Comment

John you can have all the CNRs i find i think i hooked one sat. drag went off and i couldnt budge it off the bottom with my 7' IM 7, thought i was hung up and got my breakoff stick out and wrapped the 20 lbs braid around it and pulled, felt something move off the bottom then the braid broke 2' from my stick. maybe a tire or water heater

Comment

Working...
        X