catfish 4-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catfish 4-1

went to Bushwood wharf to see if the hard head rumors were true, didnt catch any and regulars said they arnt there yet but nice wp and blue cats were so we set up and started fishing i had some bw and alewife left over so thats what i used. other baits were earthworms and carolina mediums (shrimp) from the wharf in DC. The shrimp did well and bw caught a few but the bunker out caught the others 5 to1. i was dropping a 3oz sinker with bunker out by some crab pots and loading up with 18-24" blue cats i wasnt keeping any so i was loading up the other guys coolers, im glad they are an invasive species. good looking fish too. looks like a good place to launch from with a good ramp and deep water close by

GS that airwave worked well with 3oz sinkers and 6 lbs cats
    Attached Files
    Last edited by surfdog; 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM.

Nice fish surfdog! Yeah those cats sure like the bunker don't they? Nice and oily.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

yeah bunker is the foulest bait i use, up there with over ripe crabs

Comment

Nice cat, but your friend is going to have the big fish fry

Hey, when are you going to Hog Point for lunker rocks? Last Spring I was going for rocks with bws but ended up with a lot of croakers. I had to endure the rain and thunder that evening.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice work on the cats, John, and thanks for the intel. I've launched there a few times in an attempt to find yellow perch staging before the run. I didn't have any luck, but it is a nice place to launch. It's easy to see why that pier is so productive because the depth drops off within casting distance. However, once you leave that area, the bottom is pretty featureless until you get out to the deeper hole by one of the buoys.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

toward the main channel the depth drops from @ 25' to close to 50' off the end of the pier its @ 11' deep

tuff, 4/21/12 im not going to bother with the yak since every year the weather sucks. last year quite a few larger rock and a 24" flounder came ashore on the 17th

Comment

Working...
            X