SPSP Report - 7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP Report - 7/17

My friend and I hit the water by around 7:30am. Paddled out to straight from the beach to an area in about 8' of water to catch spot for live-lining. Caught only a few, then made the paddle to the bridge. Tough paddle against an in-coming tide. Got there and anchored off by a piling to live-line for blues or stripers. No action at all! Caught some white perch on bloodworms and some more small spot, but that's it. We both caught a juvenile striper. But, that's it. Where are the bluefish?

It was a very hot day. Off the water by 1:30pm. We were so glad to be back at the truck with the A/C cranked up. The line of cars coming into SPSP as we were heading out was insane!!

were you fishing the west side of the bridge? what dept were u at?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
      were you fishing the west side of the bridge? what dept were u at?

Hey GS, with boats lined up and down the bridge, it looked like it was squeeze to find any open piling to fish at. So we found a couple of un-occupied pilings on west end in about 21' of water. I marked some nice arches on my graph every once in a while, but they were few and far between. I was also fan-casting metal spoons and soft plastics around the area, but no bites.

When the tide was really rushing in around mid-morning, holding in a spot with my drag chain was tough...kept getting pushed, but when the flow settled, my drag chain held fine.

Comment

thanks for the report. i hear small blue are around, but nothign of size yet. i'm waiting for the spanish macs to get to easterbay. hear they have been outside of chesapeake beach the past 7 days
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X