St Jerome's 7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jerome's 7/17

Met up with a bunch from this forum yesterday for the outgoing tide at Buzz's in St. Jerome's Creek. Thanks to Sam for making the suggestion. Pretty cool place that I'd never been to. Glad a number of guys could make it. GREAT meeting you guys.

As for the fishing, all the croaker you could want. I caught a little bluefish and had a small striper take a swipe at a popping plug just as I was lifting it out of the water for another cast. Hate when that happens. I bet that inlet would produce at dawn and dusk.

We had a pretty good turnout of 6 I think. Nice to see a plastic navy flotilla like that. Good camaraderie and safely in numbers as well. Hot out there. Spoke to Mike & Christy after coming in for a bit. They were saying it's better in the evening. Also, to come down in October & November. To quote Mike, "It's insane!" So we'll have to consider that.

Took a couple random pics as we were getting ready. Sorry no on the water shots as I couldn't find my waterproof case. As it turned out it was calm enough so could have gotten away with bringing the camera. Look forward to seeing everyone August 14th.

Regards, John
    Attached Files

nice fishing with you john, the plastic flotilla was pretty cool. i think the fall would be nice also.

man my hamstrings are a bit sore today! i have a waterproof camera but i forgot the darn thing, it seems every trip i forget something

Comment

I was wondering how it went with you guys I woke up to the sound of down pours Saturday 4am you guys must of been already tied up to make it so early to launch site.I wonder were the the blues are considering you guys were pretty south on the bay, at least snapper blues.Anyway glad to hear there was some action.

Comment

Ditto Sam. Had a grand ol' time. Tough paddling against the outgoing tide. I drifted that inlet a couple times. Pretty sore yesterday. Gonna have to look into a peddle kayak. I can appreciate that it extends your range. A couple of the guys were way offshore. I didn't dare go that far. But I wanted to!

Crawdad, Sorry you couldn't make it. Someone commented they hadn't seen so many yellow kayaks in one place. 5 were yellow and one green. Hope to see you August 14th!

John

Comment

mightymouse asked me about another self-rescue practice the 14th sounds good i can help and maybe some younger guys would want to help some newbies too

Comment

It was a pleasure John! I had a blast out there! I must admit I pondered the thought of a Hobie on the ride home!! ROTFL I am going to try my hardest to get out there on the 14th!

MYT

Comment

Nice report...hopefully next time I can join you guys.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Glad you got out! Sounds like a fun trip.
                I didn't land any of those lake brookies camping, but found spawning sunfish that give you some good tugs. Definitely hitting up SPSP again this weekend.

TJ

Comment

Sounds like a great trip for sure!

I'll volunteer to help with self rescue practice if you need a hand.

Maybe I'll finally catch a rock at SPSP...
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, specially since it is going to be up in the 90's in the afternoon when I get there.. I'm helping a friend out with his storage unit in the am so I wont make it out until late morning at best, but planned to stay late into the evening.. Blue Xterra. Self rescue will deffinately be interesting with the sit inside.

Comment

i checked the tides for the 14th hi at 0900. i think ill get there early, turn on my lights and top water around the jettys then come in and grab a table and grill before all are taken it gets crowded but the smells of everyone cooking is great

Comment

that should be interesting! make sure you have your pump, paddle float and bow float. sinks arent easy to get in from the water

Comment

check on all that ! float bag stuffed up into the nose with the foam block that it came with and this model has a sealed rear bulkhead

Comment

Working...
                          X