Hilton Head, SC Redfishin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton Head, SC Redfishin'

I am heading down to HH Island next week to spend some time with the new fiance and of course....fish. If there is one thing a shiney new diamond ring gets you in addition to engaged, it is a little bit of "sure honey, go fishing whenever you want time". I plan on taking full advantage of that.

I dont know if anyone has had any experience fishing this area for red drum, but I would be curious to know how you did, what to use, etc. I have some tackle for reds already such as paddle tails on jig heads and redfish magic spinners, but any other info would be appreciated. I imagine bull minnow or shrimp under a bobber may also work.

I contemplated booking a charter, but it is $250 for three hours and when I called to make the reservation the women gave me alot of info about where to launch from and specifically where to fish. I can rent an outback for $80/day and fish as long as I want, so I am chosing this option.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll have a report up the middle of next week.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Can't help really with any knowledge of fishing there, but I'll wish you good luck. hope you enjoy your trip!

Comment

walk the dog type top waters like super spooks and top dog are good for reds also popping cork with jighead and soft plastic work too. good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X