Miami Beach Head Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Beach Head Boat

So, I was down in Miami beach all weekend and went on a head boat Saturday. Beautiful day but it was really choppy, two of the people I went with spent the whole time puking off the boat..lol Anyways, it was a slow day fishing, the only keeper on the boat was a nice sized red snapper. Someone also reeled in a small tuna, put on a heck of a fight. The only thing I caught was remora's. These things were everywhere. They were neat though, their heads were like suction cups. The first mate stuck one to the ceiling of the boat and had hard time trying to remove it.

The coolest part of the fishing trip were the huge tarpons in the marina. They were attracted by the running engine of the boat. Most of them were well over 40" and 100lbs. I took a small clip with my camera. The whole time I was wishing I had the kayak with me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0_1no_jXg"]Tarpon Miami Beach - YouTube[/ame]
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

nice!! any day catching fish is a good day. i love FLA! went out on a head boat out of palm beach a few years ago and hooked up on a bunch of bonito then the bull sharks came in and had a feast. i let a 8' bull eat one and it took off toward spain and i couldnt turn it with the worn out penns they had on the boat but it finaly bit off right as i was running out of line. little bitofun

just got back from Destin FLA real nice place clear water, clean and full of fish. didnt get any kings or spanish they were being caught on the pier, one guy even caught a bull red off the pier close to the beach. we did catch red snapper, vermillion snapper, trigger fish, lady fish, hard tail (sort of like a blue but with a real hard skin on its tail) and sight cast to a bonito with my BPS inshore extreme with a penn captiva LL 5000 that was a blast. all were caught off a head boat except the lady fish and hard tail. red snapper had to go back season not open in the gulf until june 1 which sucked they were huge
    Attached Files

Comment

How did the ramora fight? Catch'em with cutbait or lure? Are they good eating?
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

remora - Every time I see one of those fish I seriously wonder how evolution could ever come up with a fish like that. I keep thinking of that program on the History Channel that touts alien intervention in the development of life on Earth. Actually, the top of a remora sorta looks like the head of a Klingon... hmmmmm, kinda makes you wonder.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Man that fish looks so weird! LOL... I could only imagine the fight one of those Tarpon would give.... Ahhh If only FL was closer....

Comment

Working...
          X