Kipto 3/25/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipto 3/25/2012

Got on the water by 9am and headed towards the northern ships only to find kayakers already inside the 2 ships. I tried for about 30 minutes and had no bites so I headed back to the southern ships. The water was perfect today and for the first time I was able to fish in front of the ships. Hooked a 15" tog on my 2nd stop right outside a hole. As I headed down the line to find new locations, I spot 4 other kayakers already staking claim. Zipped back to the other side thanks to the Evolve and started fishing the unclaimed spots. I had bites but just couldn't land them until i finally landed a 18". Left around 1pm when it started getting windy. While loading up, I talked to a guy who said his GF hooked a 23".

Time to go get them folks. I'll be back in 2 weeks

Glad you got some togs. Looks like the weather cooperated.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Nice Work Hokie!! I think I will be there in 2 weeks too!!

Comment

Good job, and you got dinner too. Yep, we have just a couple more weeks, so I'll be trying to get them too.

What did you use for bait?
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice work on the Togs. I want to get down there again soon hopefully. What did you use for bait? And whats the deal with two weeks? Is something happening in two weeks that I dont know about?
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

well done!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
              Nice work on the Togs. I want to get down there again soon hopefully. What did you use for bait? And whats the deal with two weeks? Is something happening in two weeks that I dont know about?
              For me it's just my next weekend off from work

Comment

It was a last minute trip from richmond so I had no way to get bait ahead of time. Stopped by oceans east 2 to pick up blue crab in the morning. They were not as good as the ones you can choose at the grocery store.

April 16 is when the season closes for tog in va. I'll be gone for vacation this week so my only chance before the season closes is that last weekend. Hope to go cbbt though for flounder and tog.

Comment

Is your Evolve mounted in the well or the stern? I think you have the Revo, right? Get spare battery? Did you get the discount mentioned by Memory Maker? I'm thinking about it for my Outback.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    Is your Evolve mounted in the well or the stern? I think you have the Revo, right? Get spare battery? Did you get the discount mentioned by Memory Maker? I'm thinking about it for my Outback.
                    Do it you won't ever look back...

Well, you might look back at the other yakers as you wiz by them!
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Matt lemme know the details about the trip, I am def down to tag along! Ill keep the weekend open.
                      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                        Matt lemme know the details about the trip, I am def down to tag along! Ill keep the weekend open.
                        Will do!!

Comment

I'd really like to go with you guys too, but I don't know if I'll be able to swing it...
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'd like to hit the ships monday or Tuesday. ANyone else free then?
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I mounted the motor on the back. It's the best place to have it for fishing plus you have use of your peddles when you are working the current. There are some draw backs to the motor. For starters you lose the greater rudder control the sailing rudder gave you so it's not as easy any more. There's a few other things I can go over with you offline.

I'm not sure if it's worth it for you Tufnik since you have the stamina of a 20 year old

Comment

Working...
                              X