Fletchers, 3-21-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletchers, 3-21-12

I fished Fletchers on Wednesday, 3-21-12, 11:30am-2:00pm. I walked well above Fletchers fishing a number of rocky points from shore. Eventually I caught 3 hickories and had a couple more get off half way in. It is still very slim pickins. Today it went something like this for me: Make 50+ casts without a single bump. Then the switch would flip and something would happen on the next 10 casts, either catch a hickory or lose one or have a couple of sharp bumps on each of the 10 casts. Then back to 50+ uneventful casts. Boils down to if there was a small school of hickories holding for a few minutes right in front of you then you got into action. Once they moved on your action was over and it seemed that it took for ever for another small school to move in.

Dead calm and heavy overcast. River was in good shape, vis easily 6 feet or better. Didn’t see any herring today like I did on Friday. Maybe 6-8 shad fishermen and maybe 8-10 Fletchers boats out plus several private boats. No sign of white perch although bank fishermen down by the parking area said that nice ones have been showing up sporadically. As I was started to fishing I met a couple guys who were leaving. Seems they did better than I did, like 10-15 caught. So maybe it’s a morning thing right now although I would have thought that today’s heavy overcast would have helped me more than it did.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.
Working...
X