CBBT Tog Report - 3/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Tog Report - 3/21

Jkrahl and I left Salisbury at 4:30AM. We arrived at Oceans East 2 around 7:00and after we bought 14 blue crabs and made one other quick stop, we were on the water by 9:00. The fog was thick. We tried to wait it out but it wasn't lifting so we headed out. You could see only about 1 pillon in from of you. On a side note, I somehow managed to leave my mirage drive at home . I forgot to put it in the truck after I loaded the kayak. Paddeling a bulky Outback, with what seemed like 30 lbs of sinkers, through the current sucked. We made it to the island around 10:30. Immediately I hooked up with a decent tog. It was peeling off drag and then SNAP! Broke the main line. Soon after Jkrahl hooked into one and landed a 15 incher. We were on the board! After a few toads and some time spent figuring out how to anchor/fight the current the tide picked up and the bite shut down. We decided to head in around 2:00. We had quite a few bites and there were some other yakers out catching tog also. We tried fishing the wreck half way out, but the fish were in deeper water (30-40 feet), nothing shallow.

All in all, it was a good first trip. The kayaks look like they got in a fight with a mountain lion from grinding around and the shoulders hurt, but it was a blast. We'll be back soon.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Wow, that's pretty crazy to paddle your Outback all the way to the first island! Glad you guys got some pullage. I can't wait to get down there again...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I'm not in Salisbury this week due to spring break, but definitely let me know next time you go, I wouldmloventonjoonnyou guys. Great trip!!!
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

That's pretty good - to paddle that Outback out and back. I'm not sure I could do that. Thanks for the report.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

i think a longer paddle helps with the outback but congrats for being hardcore and getting some fish. on a side note, i somehow managed to forget my seat the other day and thought that was ruining my trip.

Comment

Nice work on the togs. Sorry the big one got away. They don't move much, so it will be waiting for you on the next trip.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The paddle out wasn't too bad. The excitement of potential tog made it burn less. Once the fishing was over the burn was the only thing on my mind. Jkrahl keep getting a break waiting for me to catch up. It was a fun spot to fish.

If anyone is going down next weekend let us know. I'm sure we'll be up to go. The more the better. It help take some of the guess work out of what lies at the bottom of the next pillon.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
              X