New guy to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to the forum

What's up guys it's chris Burke and I'm new to the forum. I mostly fish fresh water but am looking to catch some stripers by the bridge. I don't know if u guys organize any trips but let me know if u do.

thanks for joining the site. what kind of kayak do you have?

we will def. try to organize some outings. we'll keep you posted next time we go out.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I have a Malibu x13 I think I'm going livelining on sun. For the first time.

Comment

what are you going to use to liveline? perch?
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

That and pencil eels

Comment

ah..nice. i've never tried to live line perch. might have to try it out. good luck on sunday. let us know how you do!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

welcome! hope you stick around! where to you fish freshwater?
              sigpic

Comment

Mostly private pond on the shore but I fish bass tourneys to so I've fished the Potomac alot

Comment

welcome from one new guy to another. Fished outta breezy it is sloppy with bait fiah pods everywhere very few rocks

Comment

^ were you trolling?
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Trolling from a power boat. I heard the water up by the bridge is somewhat coffee colored the water was clear but then was down by the CCNP

Comment

you can check the bays recent water color by satelite here:

http://mddnr.chesapeakebay.net/NASAi...esInTheSky.cfm
                        sigpic

Comment

Getting started

I recently acquired a kayak and am interested in fishing the bay near the Bay Bridge/Sandy Point area.

From a kayak what types of fishing do you guys do (cast, troll,etc)? I am from Mich and fishing in this area is new to me. I wouldn't mind tagging along to see how you guys do things on one of your trips. What type of gear would I need?

I was just in Lake Mich trolling for Salmon - unfortunately no fish but it was a blast.

Comment

i do all types of fishing, from soaking bait, livelining, throwing lures, to trolling. I decide how i'm going to fish based on season and what i feel like doing. All methods work in the Chesapeake Bay. The gear you want all depends on the type of fishing youre gonna be doing and for what species. The only required gear is a kayak and fishing rod. lol. Youre more than welcome to tag along and i hope we all can get together soon. What species of fish are you interested in catching?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                              i do all types of fishing, from soaking bait, livelining, throwing lures, to trolling. I decide how i'm going to fish based on season and what i feel like doing. All methods work in the Chesapeake Bay. The gear you want all depends on the type of fishing youre gonna be doing and for what species. The only required gear is a kayak and fishing rod. lol. Youre more than welcome to tag along and i hope we all can get together soon. What species of fish are you interested in catching?

I prefer casting or trolling. As for fish - I mainly do catch and release - I hate cleaning and cooking fish. I hear the stripers and blues are fun so I would probably go with that.
                              What is soaking bait and livelining? Given I am new to kayak fishing I would prefer to start out simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X