No announcement yet.

CBBT...Toggin...Tomorrow (suggestions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT...Toggin...Tomorrow (suggestions)

Jkrahl and I are heading down to the CBBT tomorrow to try for some togs. Our plan is to take the max current incoming there and fish until we get max outgoing, and hitch a ride home. Its my first trip out to the CBBT and I've definetly got a nervous/excited feeling. I've got some tog rigs and understand I'll need a good amount of lead to hold, but is there any other suggestions other can provide? Is anywhere around the 1st island as good as any or should I focus in on deep holes? I've could make a list of a million questions, so I'll just leave it open to any piece of advice anyone has to offer that can make it a safe ans hopefully successful trip. I do plan on stopping at Oceans East in the AM to get a wreck anchor. Thanks in advance. Ill have a report (good or bad) wednesday morning.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

the best way to learn is to just go out there. My first few trips there were more about figuring it out than fishing. Bounce your weight off the bottom (on rocks) wait for the weight to fall in a hole between rocks (you should feel them). Fish the holes and cracks.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Be prepared to lose lots of rigs (up to 20 or more depending on how long you are out there) and to bang up your kayak on pilings... Good luck!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. We will let you know how we do.

Comment

Working...
        X