Jackson Pond Columbia 3/17/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pond Columbia 3/17/12

I spent about an hour and a half today at Jackson pond in columbia to try out my new carrot stix rod. Unfortunately I couldn't buy a bite. I saw tons of tiny bluegil and a few small bass. Anyone else ever fish there?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
    I spent about an hour and a half today at Jackson pond in columbia to try out my new carrot stix rod. Unfortunately I couldn't buy a bite. I saw tons of tiny bluegil and a few small bass. Anyone else ever fish there?
    I lived in Columbia for about a year and a half but never heard of this pond. How did you like the new rod?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
      I live in Columbia and don't know about this Jackson Pond. I did manage 7 bass on a Rattle Trap from the bank at lake Elkhorn this morning. Can you put a Kayak on Jackson?

Comment

I just found it on a map. Never knew about it. I might check it out after work tomorrow.

Comment

I dont know if you can put a kayak on the pond, but its not very big.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

What were you fishing with ryan?

Comment

The new rod is awesome, but I'm still trying to get better with using baitcasters. In the past I've only really used them for jigging...

I started with a paddle tail shad, then a small spinner bait, then small bluegill crank, then a small countdown rapala, then a 1" paddle tail shad, then a small floating rapala...
              Last edited by Shady; 03-19-2012, 09:19 AM.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Try Sewells Orchard ponds

Try Selwells Orchard ponds (middle one) just to the south of Jackson pond. South of 175. I've pulled many 5+lbm largemouth out of there over the years. 3 last year on stick baits. The lower pond had a fish kill last year so i'm not sure if there's much in it now. The upper pond is shallow at the top and harder to access. i have attempted to fish it though with minor success.
                scott

Comment

Elkhorn Dredging?

I had a great time kayak fishing from Lake Elkhorn last year. I read that they are going to fishing the dredging project this summer. Anyone know if they have started yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                    I had a great time kayak fishing from Lake Elkhorn last year. I read that they are going to fishing the dredging project this summer. Anyone know if they have started yet?

I was there early last week, and there was no dredging equipment that I could see.
                    Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post

Signs around the lake say the dredging will resume in June.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                      X