Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to the Bay Bridge in the morning, whats working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the Bay Bridge in the morning, whats working?

I've heard you guys talking about the pipeline just wondering what the best plan of attack is. Where is this pipeline? What kind of bait or lures are working around the bridge.

the sewer pipe is on the eastern shore, runs parallel to the northern span. it's like 300 yards or so north, you can see the disturbance on the water surface from it. basically look for that. if you have a fish finder, you can notice it easly as you travel over it. basically, picture the sandy point jetty under water. i have a picture of me over it and the view towards the bridge. i'll see if i can find it. if your crossing the bay bridge by car, look down and north ont he eastern shore, you will basically see the line it forms fromt he disturbance in the water. dont know if this helps
    sigpic

Comment

i think this is the picture...

the disturbance line you see ahead should be it. goes parrallel to the bridge and straight to shore. real easy to find with the fish finder and if you dont have one, just look for the break on the surface.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

I'll have to check it out, lots of fish there?

Comment

it's structure and rockfish love structure. Lots of people, including me always fish visable structure like jettys, light houses, piers, bridge pilling, etc, but remeber that the bay has lots of underwater structures including reefs, wrecks, water discharges, etc. not a guarantee, but those areas typically hold fish.
          sigpic

Comment

thanks, for the advice. I just need to check the regulations on barbed hooks and circle hooks for this year.

Comment

the barbless hooks were for pre-season trollers only, circle hooks are good to use any time

Comment

Well sorry it took so long for me to report, but I was getting over a bit of sunburn. I launch at SPSP and paddled across to the pipeline on the eastern shore. The tide was moving out strong there were tons of bait fish going through the water in the middle of the bay. Once at the pipeline, i used light tackle and bottom rigs with blood worms. I caught 12 perch and one big croker in about 20 minutes. By this time the tide was letting up and fish stopped biting. Paddle back across seeing what looked to be blues breaking water. Tried some plugs with no luck. Had a great time except for the sunburn. I just need to put more SPF50 on more often.

Comment

nice! sunscreen with a 15 spf is 93% effective, 30 is 96% so for 3% your not getting much more protection for the extra money just put it on a little more often. Bull frog is real good

Comment

Working...
                  X