Occoquan 3.14.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan 3.14.12

I decided to go to Occoquan with a friend from work. I didn't go out on a yak, instead we took his bass boat. Water temperature was 57F and the tide was high going out. My friend was out for bass and I was out for panfish.

I caught two YP right across from the boat launch and several crappie under 95 bridge however the crappie were small and nothing worth keeping. We caught a couple of nice bass by the last boat docks on the left past the railroad bridge. Depth was 7 to 8 feet where we caught the bass.

The weather was great, a lot of boaters out. I a fisherman in a Hobie PA fishing under 95 bridge. I thought to myself, I'm a trader. One thing I notice while fishing on my friends bassboat was it felt a little uncomfortable, strange......
    Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
    Stealth Green Tarpon 140
    Orange Koho Perception

Haha... hey man, fishing is fishing... but it's true, there's something very natural and zen about kayak fishing... it's how our ancestors did it thousands of years ago.

Anyway, glad you got some fish!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Thanks for the report. I might be heading out there on Monday to try for some bass and snakeheads. I noticed the redbuds around my house are starting bloom. Once the dogwoods start, it'll be on for shad, too.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
        Thanks for the report. I might be heading out there on Monday to try for some bass and snakeheads. I noticed the redbuds around my house are starting bloom. Once the dogwoods start, it'll be on for shad, too.
        Shad are probably there already, the hickories have been at Fletcher's for over a week. First few American's were caught there Wednesday, a month early.

Comment

Great report! Im going to try my luck tomorrow. I hope its clear. Everytime I've been there its been murky. Im not sure what to target yet. I think Ill go for the bass and then crappie if I smell a skunk.
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Working...
          X