Occuquan Crappie Madness - 3/11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occuquan Crappie Madness - 3/11/12

Had a nice day to fish for one of my favorates. Black crappie in the Occuquan.

Here are the results:

Good times =)

Meadeo
    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Nice going. I cant wait to find some crappie. Been on my list for a lil while now
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice work... you get these all your self this time or was the guy on the dock there tossing them to you again? haha jp

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
        Nice going. I cant wait to find some crappie. Been on my list for a lil while now
        If your posting while at work shame... lol jp.... If not I'm gonna fish my lake today, I don't think your tooo far away if you want to join. Crappie are just in the yak!!

Shoot me a text if your up for it.... 240-997-2414

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          If your posting while at work shame... lol jp.... If not I'm gonna fish my lake today, I don't think your tooo far away if you want to join. Crappie are just in the yak!!

Shoot me a text if your up for it.... 240-997-2414
          Shit. I'm locked up for today. Gotta pick up my daughter after work. Whats up with Wednesday morning?
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice going.

Comment

Nice catch of crappies!! I knew I should have gone out.....I was thinking of going Sunday but I got caught up with homework. Didn't get out Saturday either, had to work. I have no fish for March thus far, I'll have to work on that.
              Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
              Stealth Green Tarpon 140
              Orange Koho Perception

Comment

thats alot of crappie. nice.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice Work! When's the fish fry?
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Matt - All me this time i got into them real good.. =)

Fish fry was last night.. Sliced sweet pototoe frys, red skinned pototoe chips in the deep fryer and crappie filets dregged and battered in the cast iron pan.

The crappie are on the move andin shallower water.. many of them had developed egg sacs etc. we are now 1-2 weeks from the spawn so look for them on shallow water rockpiles etc soon.

Also got into a couple of white perch.. none over 6".. One yellow at 7" and a few LMbass around 10-12"...

Watched one gentlemen in a tracker hook into a 40-50 lb flatheadand proceed to get towed around for 45 minutes.. Then bam snapped line...

Meadeo

Next weekend i plan to try my hand at large bluecats out of the yack on the Rappahannock.. Pictures to follow.
                    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Nice madness. I got to get my butt out there.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                        Shit. I'm locked up for today. Gotta pick up my daughter after work. Whats up with Wednesday morning?
                        I think this was my last chance this week, and for some reason... the fish weren't really biting... oh well

Comment

Nice mess of crappie

Comment

Working...
                          X