Sun July 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun July 4

gonna go ealy out of SP. Hemingways or the narrows. Have another friend going with me. Will be off the water fairly early due to heat and intoxicated boaters but should be fun. Will try to launch by 5/5:30. Hope to see you out there.

Count me in

You can count me in. I'd love to try hemmingways or the narrows. I haven't fished the area yet and would love the company. ill plan on 5am on sunday.

let me know what location.
    Jason

Comment

Plan on Hemingways, should be a little less crazy early in the day. Will stop at Anglers on the way down for some bait, maybe some chum as well, but that may just attract rays, but those would give us a ride! Look forward to seeing you again. FF is up and running, had a wiring issue thats repaired now.

Comment

see you there
        Jason

Comment

are you guys going to the meet and greet ?

What yaks do you guys paddle ?

Comment

Assuming nothing comes up, I plan on attending the meet n greet next week. I am envious of the kfa-ny guys. they are highly organized and fish together frequently. Im hoping that we can organized and really hit these fish collectively. Safety in numbers and all that.

Kayaks?

Small water: Malibu Mini X. Bigger water: Hobie Outback.
            Jason

Comment

I paddle a tarpon 100 -- so I hope I'll be able to keep up w/ everyone especially if they're all peddle boats.

Someday I'd like the outback but storage space is a limiter right now.

Comment

I am not sure if I can make it Sunday, But I hope you yakers do well. I am debating on whether to go out for a few hours from Jonas Green on the Severn today...Just looking for perch and croakers. I have a Tarpon 120.

Comment

Three of us went out in the Kayaks this am and fished the Eastern side of the Bay Bridge. On the water about 6, which of course was about dead low tide. Worked our way to the sewer pipe and only a few white perch, but decent sized. For some reason when I bring fish back from this spot, I dont mention where I caught them to our dinner guests. Moved back to the bridge and started picking up lots of WP with a few bait sized spot in the mix. After putting four baits in the bucket started to live line. It was time to practice some filet and release.

The first spot lasted between 30 and 45 seconds. At first you could feel him on the line complaining about this piece of metal shoved through his nose. Then it was oh *!@$!!, here comes someone who wants to eat me and I can't get away. The second spot lasted maybe 15 seconds, another fish. Passed off the live lining rig to 1 of the other guys, that spot lasted maybe a minute before being eaten as well. The final bait was sacrificed but alas, no hookup. back to catching perch and now larger spot moved in, about 8 inches. Threw one as a bait, somebody chewed him up pretty well, but couldnt get a hookup, I just needed a bigger circle hook. The police stopped by to warn us of the drunks and asked how we were doing but didnt check us for anything. I wear my pfd with flares attached, and I guess that was good enough for him, glad to see them out there.

We probably landed around 100 perch/spot and three keeper stripers, 24, 21 and 19. At one point I looked over and Glen was yelling and waving at me, his rod was doubled over and he was getting a great sleigh ride from a decent sized ray. I have to say I've gotten hooked on fishing from the yak, the boat hasnt been in the water in almost 3 months, even though I have been out about 10 times.

If you've seen me, I am the guy with 9 rods in the kayak. Stopped at Anglers on the way back for ice, and they all realized they had spotted us when they drove over the bridge and we talked for 5 minutes or so. Going to the neighbors now to grill some fresh rockfish. Happy Fourth!

Comment

nice report, hopefully we have the same luck next weekend!!

Comment

I hope I have a good time like that. I may be in that area on Monday. I am the guy in the orange Tarpon 120....only 4 rods...

Comment

It was great fishing with you two. It is always nicer to hit the bigger water with other yakers. In this case I fished with two of the nicest guys you will meet up with, Doug and Glen.

The fishing for perch was great, bite sized spot? Those were harder to come by. Growing up we live lined bunker, which you can snag yourself with a bunker snag. Having to catch your spot to live line is....well....interesting.

Im going to go out next week also. If all goes well, I will go out Friday evening.
                        Jason

Comment

Sounds like an awsome day, that's where I need to be fishing. Where do you put in? My brother has a place on kent island and we are wasting our time in that little area(thompson creek). I want to fish the bay.
                          I'm sure there is a boat landing someplace.
                          please let me know
                          thanks

Comment

We launched from Hemingways. Which is just across the bridge. 357 Pier One Rd, stevensville. there is a small beach on the right with a short trip down to the launch site. park your car in the back of the parking lot. its difficult to describe but its very clear when you show up.
                            Jason

Comment

Thanks..

that's where my brother has a place Stevensville...I love it there when I visit. I'd be happy catching white perch all day. I would have no problem fishing one live for something larger.
                              next time I go up that way I'll make a post.
                              thanks again
                              david

Comment

Working...
                              X