Meet/Greet n Fish July 10th @ Hemingway's at 8:30 am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet/Greet n Fish July 10th @ Hemingway's at 8:30 am

We ordered shirts and will be giving those out to members that placed an order. We do have some still available, but with limited sizes available. They are $10 per shirt.

I am putting together a gift bag with some gear for whomever catches the largest fish that day. Not an official check in time or anything but we can make a consensus that morning when the group arrives.

Hopefully we can have one of the largest turnouts that we've had as a group.

very good matt see you there

Comment

im in
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I plan on getting there around 5 and getting on the water by 5:30/6. Nothing like getting up at 3 on your day off! Have the same plan as on the fourth, although I am going to change up some rigs trying to target bait a bit faster.

Comment

hey guys, sorry i havent been online in what feels liek forever, but work has been a drag. it's finally letting up so i'll be on more. i havent even fished since may! anyways, i might be able to fish for bit, but i would have to be off the water by 9am. either way, i plan on showing uo just to say hi if anyone is on land. i look forward to finally catching up to what seems liek a great growing community!

Dail
          sigpic

Comment

Matt,

Is this the place?

http://www.hemingwaysmaryland.com/contact_us.htm

Never been there so any info on where to park, unload the yak, do's & don'ts is much appreciated.

Thanks, John

Comment

yes thats it. go to the back right corner of parking lot with restaurant to your left. u can actually see the beach from the BB as you drive over.

Comment

Do you guys think weather (wind / chop) is going to be an issue ?

I've been looking at the Annapolis Marine Forecast on Weather Underground and it's saying:
                Forecast as of 6:01 PM EDT on July 8, 2010
                Chesapeake Bay From Sandy Point To North Beach-
                Tonight
                E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft. A slight chance of showers and tstms this evening.
                Fri
                Se winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft.
                Fri Night
                S winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
                Sat
                S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Showers and tstms likely.

Sat Night
                W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Waves 1 ft.

I know things can change and half the time the forecasts are wrong but wanted to know what others are thinking regarding the weather...

Comment

the forecast for friday night is encouraging... the earlier we start the better off we are.

truth be told, my plan was to get to hemingway's early that morning and search for Spot for livelining...
                  Jason

Comment

Weather outlook has gotten a bit better but thunderstorms are still likely. Based on that, I think Sunday might be my day.

So...if any of you wind up bailing on Saturday or can't make it, maybe I could meet up with some folks on Sunday.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtomd View Post
                      the forecast for friday night is encouraging... the earlier we start the better off we are.

truth be told, my plan was to get to hemingway's early that morning and search for Spot for livelining...
                      me too. what time are you going to be there, everyone should know about the traffic on saturdays getting to the BB

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, surfdog.

Bummer about possible sporty weather tomorrow but I'm still planning to go. I have a long time boat trip planned for Sunday so can't do it then. I will check NOAA in the morning and make a yay/nay call at that time. Hope it holds off and meet some of you guys...

John

Comment

Sorry I won't be meeting up w/ you guys tomorrow AM -- but my 10' boat and I have to go w/ safety first. It's an hour+ from my house to the bridge so I didn't want to get down there and not fish.

As of the forecast right now, Sunday is looking like things might work out for me -- maybe some of you will make it out then too. I'm always up for fishing w/ company. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or post here.

Otherwise, good luck tomorrow AM and tight lines !

Mark

Comment

I'm gonna try to be in the water by 6am
                            Hobie Revolution 13
                            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Just took a look at the radar and the incoming weather is looking way sporty! Overhead clouds getting thick, too. No way this line of storms miss. I'll check in the morning but I also live 1+ hour away so agree with Excalibur and will err on the side of caution. Lookin' like a washout. Rats!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X