Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNNQlCAdHA

sweet video and nice rig...looks like you pretty much have all the basics covered. Nice job!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice rig man! How do you like the scrambler?

I still need to do a lot of that stuff... most importantly rig an anchor trolley or finish making my depthfinder install watertight....
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Good job! Amazing how versatile a kayak is. Nice video and descriptions...

And I agree using pvc instead of laying out bucks you don't have to. I also used 1/2" pvc for a flag. My Drifter has a deck mount Scotty holder in the rear so I glued the pvc into a Scotty mini height extender. Used silicon sealant so it can come apart if I need to change it in the future.

Comment

Thanks guys. I really like the Scrambler but I honestly don't have much to compare it to. I have been fishing since I could walk but I just got the kayak 2 years ago. I started reading about kayak fishing and it looked awesome so I thought I would try it. I wasn't going to shell out a lot of cash because I wasn't sure if I would like it so I saw the Scrambler on sale at Basspro for $450 and I happened to have a $100 gift card so I thought for $350 I didn't have much to lose. Of course, I ended up loving it and now wish I would have gotten something like the Prowler, Trident, Revo, etc. I've put so much into this now that I can't see just getting another one especially since the Scrambler is working fine for me. I'm sure an upgrade will come sooner than later though.

Comment

your rig.

nice job on the rigging. you may want to put a cpl of dowels underneath your crate that are a little larger than the crate. if you really get to moving, it may slide into the well and everything will get messed around. possible in the drink. the dowels will give it more stability

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I was actually concerned about that at first but the way it is strapped it can't happen. It's hard to tell how tight it really is from the video. I've tried as hard as I can to push and pull it from side to side trying to get it to slide into the well but it won't. I was going to put two padeyes in and run a bar across the span but it's not needed. Knock on wood.

Comment

I need a flag

Good idea with the pvc, I'm putting that to use as well. Need to save some cash for other stuff.

Comment

You could use that tip KayakKevin gave us with putting a strap through the bottom that is attached at each side of your tankwell with a rivet through a fender washer. looks like that would keep it down better than bungee and you probably don't need the horizontal bars.
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

That's another good option. If I start having problems that's what I will probably do.

Comment

nice job. i would ditch those carabiners and get some stainless steel or brass ones, i used them on one of my yaks years ago and the pins rust out after a couple months in the salt.

Comment

Didn't think about salt damage

Good point.

Comment

Thanks, surfdog. You are absolutely right. Those carabiners are junk. I bought a pack of 10 and I am just using them until they're gone and then I will buy stainless steel ones. I'm already on my 3rd on the trolley this year.

Comment

Turn buckles

One of the easiest ways to attach a crate is to use turn buckles hooked into the pad eyes of the kayak. A pad eye can be added easily. Stainless turn buckles can be purchased at home depot for a few dollars, in the hardware section. This is the way i attached my first crate, which i had rigged with an old town electric motor mount. The turn buckles and pad eyes held great even with the electric motor. I now attach crates, coolers and things of the like with the turn buckles. They are easy to remove. Hope this hint helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X