Report: Mouth of the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Mouth of the Severn

Went out this am with Surfdog and Longisland. Got out about 6 or 6:30. All 3 of us were using bottom rigs at first, picked up a ton of small croker and perch with a few decent sized fish in the mix. We also caught a few small spot, all of which would have been suittable to liveline. On the perch it was easy to pick up doubles. After 20 fish or so I switched over to the fly rod and caught six or eight more fish using a small, white clouser with red eyes.
    Didnt see any rock or blues, but we didnt go very far and packed it in by 10 or so. Longisland headed out towards Hackett's but I dont know how he did out there. All in all agreat day, and it was nice meeting and fishing with the two of you.

nice...thanks for the report. i've been on vaca so im hoping to get out this weekend. anyone been livelining?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

nice fishing with you also. i was wundering what type of fly you were using. i am going to try a green and white fly in the canal in lewes this weekend with a white teaser and see what bites. this time i will bring my camera. cell pics dont cut it.

Comment

used a small split shot as well to help it get deep, know I was missing some fish on the drop, could have solved that with more weight, but harder to cast then (at least for me) I am still adjusting to fly casting from the seated position. ENjoy the beach and cant wait to hear how you did

Comment

Working...
        X