Friday, July 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 2

Would anyone be game for meeting up to fish on Friday from either Sandy Point, Hemingways or Jonas Green ?

I've never launched from Hemingways or JG but see them as less crowded alternatives to SPSP.

I'd have to go later than o'dark thirty because i've got a pretty good drive to get there + the O's game the night before.

I like fishing with others more than solo -

Please shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up.

Mark
    Last edited by Excalibur; 06-27-2010, 09:28 AM.

Mark

I can't make it this trip but would love to go another time. Fishing is more fun with company, and safer as well!

If you go, be sure to give us a report, I believe we are targeting that location for our meet and greet once the t-shirt order arrives.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

cant do this week, heading to DE and CHSP on thursday. maybe next weekend.

Comment

I might be able to make it on friday...but not until around noon. that might be too late for you though...
        Jason

Comment

Never underestimate procrastination --

I'm going out to the O's game the night before so I won't be getting a super early start.

By noon I'll probably be on the water and either working around the mouth of the river or back by the 50 bridge --

I got all my gear rounded up this evening so on Friday all I've got to do is load it in and go.

I've got some cut, garlic'd shrimp, fbbw & some berkley earthworms + a host of spinners and light jigs. Even re-spooled my micro-spin rod for the occasion.

Hope to see you out there...

Mark

Comment

Would love to but leaving tomorrow for a family visit up north through the weekend. (hey LITom, I'm from S.I.!) Be back Wednesday. Hope to be able to meet and greet everyone at the t-shirt exchange!

John

Comment

Did you make it out Mark?
              Jason

Comment

Severn River Report

Yep -

I got there and put in around 9 AM -- was surprised to see the change in the forecast from yesterday to today. I was expecting 5-10 but it was more like 10-15. The river offered a little shelter but it wound up pushing me all around.

Summary: Slow fishing day

I started off trolling two beetle spin-like lures out to the deeper water -- no takers. Paddled east toward the mouth of the river. Since the wind was a hassle, I decided to try and work some of the "slack water" back behind the fisherman's bridge (river mouth side).

There, I was using top & bottom rigs with cut shrimp, berkley gulp nightcrawler chunks and fbbw. The shrimp had no takers but the berkley did call up one chunky perch. While over there, I hooked a cownose on a medium action spinning rod and went for a nice ride. Did ultimately get him to the side of the boat and got a release.

Kept working that area but no other luck.

After that, I went back toward the beach and started working my way down toward that big church place by the 50 bridge -- Working some of the pilings, I hit one more white perch.

From there I started trolling back toward Jonas Green -- again, no takers.

Before winding up, I went over to the private peer that's immediately west of JG (there's a 29' boat on a lift w/ a huge osprey nest on top) I was seeing a few surface busts in the shade of the boat so I put more gulp on and started chucking in under the boat...again, no luck.

This last fishing was being done with a micro spin rod that is narrower than a pencil and 4.5 feet long ... well, as I was working the pier, I had another visit from Mr Cownose....this time, it was game on....I fought that thing w/ my 4.5 ft rod and 8 lb test. He dragged me all the way from that pier out in front of the JG beach. There, I finally beat him and was able to get him boat side; splashing like crazy.... Rather than mess with him, I put my calcutta release knife to work and cut the hook snell. That has to be a record for me...You should have seen that rod I had it bent in half. (this is a rod that is usually a tough fight for bluegills)

Anyhow, that's my report. I was out from 9:00 until 4:30.

Hope to catch up with you guys next time.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X